🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 379 — Realies and Fictionals

oh and who the fuck doesn't like animals or candy?!?

I assume you're asking because you're genuinely not sure who she is, so allow me: Alia Shawkat. She was on some show.

• Like 2

"His boy Bart" made me laugh way too much. Gabrus is a laugh wizard. I was hoping his class about "cans" would have also included breasts.

• Like 5

from tip to taint

From trunk to skunk?

I'm almost positive that Cutie Cake has been taking advanced vocal lessons with Willy Mapleton.

• Like 4

SCOTT: What have you been up to Gino?

GINO: Oh me? A lot of things. Um, I saw, have you ever seen the film, uhhh-

SCOTT: Citizen Kane. That's the type of film-

GINO: That's the one I-- Yes! Yes yes! Have you seen that? 'Cuz I was gonna say--

SCOTT: Yes, I have seen that, several times. A classic film in my opinion.

GINO: It's the one with the guy from the Animaniacs cartoons.

SCOTT: Yes. (chuckles)

GINO: I love that movie. I didn't know they did a spin-off into a black and white film. It was pretty good.

Oh man, I'm a '90s kid, and my introduction to Orson Welles was Animaniacs (Jerry Lewis too). As I grew older I realized, "Oh, these guys are who those characters in Animaniacs were!" haha

Also, this was GOLD:

SCOTT: How good are you at Jeopardy, by the way?

GINO: Fucking great at Jeopardy. I know every answer.

SCOTT: Every single one, really?

GINO: Ask me a question right now and I'll know the answer.

SCOTT: Ok. Uhhhhhhhhhttttthis singer---

GINO: Prince. Ok, let's get back to the interview.

SCOTT: 'WHO IS Prince!'

GINO: He's like the little biracial dude with the purple shirt on and shit.

SCOTT: Alright, nevermind, nevermind.

GINO: Raspberry beret.

• Like 11

Btw, when Gino mentions that's all he's been up to since the last time he saw Scott six weeks ago, he's referring to the Howl Exclusive CBB LIVE recorded at Outside Lands Festival on August 9th. I know this because I recently decided to give the Howl app a spin and just listened to this episode. Getting some back-to-back Gino here on my end of things.

Doing the math, if this ep is six weeks after August 9th, that means it was recorded around September 20th. The more you know, etc.

Oh man, I'm a '90s kid, and my introduction to Orson Welles was Animaniacs (Jerry Lewis too).

I'm an 80s kid, and my introduction to Orson Welles was The Critic. (Both voiced by Maurice LaMarche!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7ycxiog40

Doing the math, if this ep is six weeks after August 9th, that means it was recorded around September 20th. The more you know, etc.

The EXIF data on the episode photos suggest it was recorded on October 3. Cut Gino some slack; he goes to school for radio, not calendars.

• Like 7

I'm an 80s kid, and my introduction to Orson Welles was The Critic. (Both voiced by Maurice LaMarche!)

I was actually going to mention The Critic, because I absolutely recalled his Rosebud Peas commercials (and the fact that the same voice actor did Brain, etc).

Maybe I misidentified my decade. Critic and Animaniacs were around right at the same time: mid '90s.

Born in '81, so am I an '80s or '90s kid? Are you a decade kid of the decade you were born in?! Or can you claim to be a decade kid for any decade in which you were not an adult???

• Like 2

I'm not sure where the exact generational divide occurs, but I can't imagine there was much overlap between "kids who watched Animaniacs after school" and "kids who watched a show about a middle-aged guy/decades-old movie references during prime time". (I was 15 when The Critic premiered, so…)

• Like 1

I'm not sure where the exact generational divide occurs, but I can't imagine there was much overlap between "kids who watched Animaniacs after school" and "kids who watched a show about a middle-aged guy/decades-old movie references during prime time". (I was 15 when The Critic premiered, so…)

I'm 32. That's the overlap age. I remember watching both animaniacs and the critic as a kid.

• Like 4

"Can we smoke in here?"

Maybe it's just me but for me? This is the best question ever asked on Comedy Bang Bang.

EDIT: OH! Wait. hold up. "How do you dress your 'dog, poppy?" is the best question ever asked on Comedy Bang Bang.

• Like 3

I'm 32. That's the overlap age. I remember watching both animaniacs and the critic as a kid.

I'm 33, recently turned. I can vouch for this.

• Like 4

So everyone freaks out when there's no Android app, but now that it's out, there's no acknowledgment?

Well I, for one, as one of those who whinged, would like to say thank you to whoever's responsible. I wasn't expecting much, but this seems great. It functions and lets me download episodes! What more could I ask for?

• Like 3

This is why I love Mondays baby! I've waited all week and finally it's time to hear some

DRAFT KINGS ads!!!

(gross)

wow...looks like someone can't appreciate a classic pick pile pick sitchuation...

• Like 4

I'm 33, recently turned. I can vouch for this.

I'm 31 and i am also such a man who watched both.

my brother and I used to think that rosebud peas commercial on the critic was the funniest thing in the world. I bought the complete critic just for that scene.

• Like 4

this episode was good stuff. Scott had so many throw away lines and Gino cracked me up. Btw everyone has weird favorite food choices.

One more thing

FUCK TWIZZLERS. They are like the Pepsi of the licorice world. Red Vines is always #1.

• Like 2

also, duckman

Did you try to write F-word man but your iPhone autocorrected?

• Like 2

I'm 4 episodes in on Gabrus' podcast and its fantastic.

The Predator one was very enjoyable. The guy doing the impressions is spot on.

Alia Shawkat mentioned that she couldn't imagine being in a movie where she has to be scared the whole time. But she just appeared in a film called Green Room that I saw at Fantastic Fest (a genre film festival here in Austin) last week where she does exactly that.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this