🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SamTaurone

Cape Fear

This movie speaks for itself, I'm not even going to try to do it justice with a description (yes I am that lazy)!

You could at least specify whether you mean the 60s version or the 90s remake.

• Like 2

Well, since you asked nicely, okay! It's the 1991 version, Robert DeNiro steals the screen with his over-the-top bananas performance as a creepy ex-con looking for revenge. In between Nick Nolte's portrayal as a lawyer who constantly bullshits his family, everyone's urge to chain smoke, negative screen flashes, and an musical overture that never let's up; I can easily see this become an episode on HDTGM.

• Like 1

I know i'll probably be the sole voice of dissent here, but I actually liked this movie. I maintain if they ever do a HDTGM that features a Scorscese movie it should either be The Wolf of Wall Street or Hugo.

It's a good movie, nostalgic as well, hell even Joe Don Baker is in it. However, it's overdramatic in such a way that it almost feels like a comedy. It deserves to be picked on!

• Like 1

I like that they made Sam Bowden a less ethical lawyer in this one, it at least gave Max Cady more of a reason to blame him and stalk him than in the original. I think DeNiro does a great job as a psychopath in this movie, it's peak DeNiro. The only that I think doesn't work is the plot resolution, it's a bit sloppy, and the special effects leave something to be desired, but I think this is far from Scorsese's worst.

And does it really feel like an over the top comedy for any reason other than Cape Feare?

fgHYEuC.png

yif53pc.png

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this