🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Gleaming the Cube

When getting even means risking it all.

C'mon, Christian Slater and Tony Hawk! This episode has to happen! Loved this flick when I was young but it's so bad.

• Like 1

I think that there is a basic conceit in Hollywood that so-called "actions sports" movies need to be grafted onto crime movies for some reason: Premium Rush, Point Break (the shitty remake, not the superior original), and this film. I know I'm missing some more, but there is a trend there.

Please oh please do Gleaming the Cube!

Its a buddy cop film, its got action, adventure, bad cover songs from the 1950's performed by asians!

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Christian Slater had NEVER been on a skateboard in his life prior to filming this movie.

HDTGM? has GOT to do this one. It's got Yabo and his sweet, bomb shelter lair!

underground-skater-shelter.gif?w=650

I love how Christian Slater's mom actually calls Yabo, "Yabo" (instead of his actual name, like most mothers would normally do...)

Hopped on just to recommend this one (which I loved as a kid, for the record). This is such a natural fit for HDTGM. It’d be tubular! 

• Like 1

I loved the Airborne episode, but I think they would have had a significantly better time breaking this one down instead. Theres just so much more going in terms of plot. Like I can understand a studio greenlighting a fish out of water movie about a kid who skateboards having to deal with the culture shock of moving from California to the middle of the country. 

I'm significantly more confused as to how in the hell a group of people reached a consensus that this movie was a good idea.  The conversations that led to this movie being made must have been amazing. 

• Like 1

This movie is great, and I think it deserves a bump since it's available streaming on Amazon Prime included with Prime.

Sign in to follow this