🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 146 — Moon Festival Pt. 2

It's been a while since I've been in here. This week's episode was actually recorded Tuesday night. We record two episodes every other week, but we've gotten a bit behind so we're playing ketchup. I've been gone a lot over the past 4 or 5 months because of a death in the family (InterstitialAbs, I feel your pain, and I'm sorry for your loss), so hopefully now I can get back to not knowing how to play D&D and hanging out with my friends more often.

Sorry to hear about your loss Steve. It is tough. My brain always goes to a default of "they had a gig" when one if ya'll is absent from a session. It's hard to remember that you guys also have lives, and face the same kind of day to day dramas we all face. I'll keep you in my thoughts... and you should know that your laugh, or when you do the Johnny Cash voice singing, brightens my day every time.

Which is why want to thank you (the collective you; Brian, Blaine, Ken, Dan and all the way back to Sara, Sark, Gerry, special guests, etc) for what you do. While on the surface, to most people, it looks like sarcastic, profane, vulgar excess wrapped around a game for pimply 15 year olds, it's actually a great release for all sorts of different people grinding away at their day to day. I still look forward to every week, and it amazes me that when I get up in the wee hours (5:30 est) there is a new episode waiting every Wed. So you gotta know you are helping people with get by Nerd Poker, adding some magic to their day.

• Like 6

Sign in to follow this