🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 253 — Muckraking

Kulap and Howard welcome actor, director, and CEO Ravi Patel who discusses the main reason why he won't buy a motorcycle, as well as why Justin Bieber is simply to feminine. Also, in a Who Charted exclusive Howard reveals one of the very special ladies in his life to Kulap. Lastly, Ravi talks about some of his favorite films.

I wish Howard would just open up to Kulap. I love it when stuff gets dragged out of Howard, it used to be like once a week.

• Like 2

Not sure I love this guest. Especially that creepy sales voice he went into when he was hardcore bragging on his success.

• Like 3

This was a groundbreaking episode. Australia revealed.

Not sure I love this guest. Especially that creepy sales voice he went into when he was hardcore bragging on his success.

Disagree. I thought he fit in great. He was shilly for his movie a bit but who wouldn't be?

• Like 2

I'd agree that while it was a little shilly I enjoyed it a lot. Defensive Howard is hilarious and I really loved how much Brett had his back. You're a good man Stard.

• Like 2

The only thing I didn't like about the guest is that he seemed to know absolutely nothing about Howard or Kulap, but I guess it's not really fair to expect the guests to do homework in preparation (plus, hearing someone try to untangle the glorious know that is Howard Kremer is always fun). But overall, a very fun episode.

I enjoyed the episode, but found the guest to be a bit full of hot air. He tried to steer the direction of the show an awful lot and stepped on Howard's toes a bit too much, and for someone who was completely unfamiliar with How and Ku's dynamic. As much as I'd love to hear Howard open up, hearing him pressured into it was a bit awkward.

• Like 4

Shout out to Freeport Ravi from Rockford Poika! I pretty much agree with everyone's assessment of the guest, but I thought those aspects of his personality were what made this episode a fun listen and him an interesting guest. Howard was on his heels a little bit, and it was fun for a change to hear HOWARD trying to rush things along while KU wanted to talk documentaries. Nice to have the gang back together!

• Like 4

Though I liked hearing the guest poke Howard's bee hive with a stick... his heavy handed self promotion D-baggery was so thick I almost choked to death on my own vomit.

I muttered "dude, shut up" a lot of times. Not my favorite guest, but great to have the holy trinity back together for a real episode.

• Like 1

1. Ravi doesn't know either Howard or Kulap.

2. Ravi doesn't know Who Charted.

3. Ravi has a movie that is currently blowing up in the press.

4. Earwolf booked Ravi on the show despite him not knowing Howard or Kulap or Who Charted, specifically to discuss his movie, because said movie is blowing up in the press. They presumably did this with the hope that his buzz would drive more downloads of the show. This was not an act of altruism.

If you're unhappy with the booking, you might consider directing your complaints to the appropriate party.

• Like 5

Thank you, Dan. Not everyone that's booked is going to be a personal friend of Howard or Ku. It's weird to even think that everyone's going to know them. They need 52 guests a year, that's just not possible.

Not sure that was the point of contention resolved in the 4 points.

The dude was rude and had a bad 'tude. This is my opinion and does not do not necessarily reflect those of forum.earwolf.com.

I was a fan of Ravi but wasn't aware of who he was prior to listening, and I thought I recognized him from somewhere but after perusing his IMDB I'm not so sure.

I honestly thought he knew Kulap personally just by their conversation, but I liked that he took the discussion into a few zones that were maybe a bit more intellectual than Who Charted normally gets. I love WhoCh, but this was a nice episode that was slightly different than normal, I don't agree with the Matt Damon bashing though. Ravi can bring up and bash on Stuck On You all he wants, but that was like a solid decade ago, maybe more...

I would likely listen to a Ravi Patel fronted Earwolf podcast

Had no idea there was a controversy. My two cents? Loved the guest. Ravi came in and mixed it up. He pried at the dried-paintcan-lid which is Howard's life. Ravi was also on Pete Holmes' podcast, and from what Ravi was saying, he also had to do another podcast that day.

Each podcast has it's own ad placement for the guest, so Ravi getting his out of the way was a no problemo. That is why he is on the show.

A guy like Ravi, get's Howard's energy up. I like when Howard has to increase his pace. The show didn't wane, and if I can add, it was one of the longer eps in recent history. Great energy. Lively discussion. MORE POSITIVE WORDS INSERTED HERE!

• Like 1

I don't agree with the Matt Damon bashing though. Ravi can bring up and bash on Stuck On You all he wants, but that was like a solid decade ago, maybe more...

Yeah, that was weird. It feels like he does fewer blatant cash-grab roles than most actors of his stature. Interstellar was probably also a bad example, because even though it was a big-budget movie, I doubt he got paid a lot for it.

Yeah, that was weird. It feels like he does fewer blatant cash-grab roles than most actors of his stature. Interstellar was probably also a bad example, because even though it was a big-budget movie, I doubt he got paid a lot for it.

agreed, I had just finished reading the martian and heard Damon was cast in it when I saw interstellar, had no idea damon was in it either. So when he appeared as an astronaut stranded on a planet, I was like "hmmm... is this literally just a chance for him to prepare for his next role?"

I think they could have spent more time bashing DeNiro in Intern talk and more time actually talking about the movie in the Martian talk, but I guess since neither had seen it they didn't have anything but their feelings on Damon to get into there

Heeheeheeeee. I like this guest. I like anybody that pokes around at Howard and tries to reveal some of his mythology.

1. Ravi doesn't know either Howard or Kulap.

2. Ravi doesn't know Who Charted.

3. Ravi has a movie that is currently blowing up in the press.

4. Earwolf booked Ravi on the show despite him not knowing Howard or Kulap or Who Charted, specifically to discuss his movie, because said movie is blowing up in the press. They presumably did this with the hope that his buzz would drive more downloads of the show. This was not an act of altruism.

If you're unhappy with the booking, you might consider directing your complaints to the appropriate party.

Ya'll get offended too easily. People are going to express their opinions about the show on this message board. Get over it.

Sign in to follow this