🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Putney Swope

Boat Trip (2002)

About as subtle as a fart at a funeral, they were clearly trying to cash in on the Farrelly brothers comedies of the late 90's. Enjoy a clip featuring everyone's favorite Bond, Roger Moore.

I remember having to sit through this when I was 13 and thinking it was one of the dumbest goddamn movies ever. That has only intensified upon further viewing. Here's a quote from Roger Ebert's review, it's spot on. "Boat Trip" arrives preceded by publicity saying many homosexuals have been outraged by the film. Now that it's in theaters, everybody else has a chance to join them. Not that the film is outrageous. That would be asking too much. It is dim-witted, unfunny, too shallow to be offensive, and way too conventional to use all of those people standing around in the background wearing leather and chains and waiting hopefully for their cues. This is a movie made for nobody, about nothing."

If Snow Dogs didn't really kill Cuba Gooding Jr.'s career, then Boat Trip really derailed it even further!

• Like 2

If Snow Dogs didn't really kill Cuba Gooding Jr.'s career, then Boat Trip really derailed it even further!

Very true, it was straight to DVD from there on out. This and Snow Dogs would be the double feature from hell.

• Like 1

Very true, it was straight to DVD from there on out. This and Snow Dogs would be the double feature from hell.

Or the perfect live show.

• Like 1

Or the perfect live show.

Agreed, I think we're onto something here, gentlemen. Cuba Gooding Jr. is a real untapped resource for the show. There's already a post for "Chill Factor", another gem. Man, this guy really shit the bed career-wise.

This was the first movie I saw that I realized was legitimately badly made, and all I remember about it is my dad and our friends saying how awful it is for Roger Moore to be appearing in it.

Sign in to follow this