🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 1709 - Phil Rosenthal

Just realized that Duran Duran cover a song by Meli Mel that is taken note for note from Liquid Liquid.

The truth is out there.

Only barely got into the interview portion but already surprised by Phil's sense of humor. I caught some of his doc about selling Raymond to Russia and wasn't wowwed by it, so I didn't think he was that funny. Maybe he just fits in with Jimmy's sense of humor really well, but either way color me happy that this one is funny.

also, I want to voice my support of the show's 'ideals' about Dr Cosby, Nugent, Kim Davis, Hunting Dentist, etc.

"I didn't because they looked too queer."

Jimmy was so delighted with himself.

I was pretty delighted with him being delighted.

• Like 1

Also, vote Trump

I would like to hear Jimmy's thoughts about that guy that jacked the price of that AIDS medication.

• Like 4

I kind of hate this eating-on-mic thing that NNF has adopted the last couple of months..

I kind of hate this eating-on-mic thing that NNF has adopted the last couple of months..

I usually download the video feed, and mostly just the play the audio from that. The sound from the video is not so compressed, so the eating never really bothered me. But, this week I downloaded the actual audio feed to my phone to listen in the car, and yow! it's gross.

Only barely got into the interview portion but already surprised by Phil's sense of humor. I caught some of his doc about selling Raymond to Russia and wasn't wowwed by it, so I didn't think he was that funny. Maybe he just fits in with Jimmy's sense of humor really well, but either way color me happy that this one is funny.

Yeah, I heard Phil on WTF a while back, and it was not great. But, I think Jimmy made an effort to meet Phil where he's at, and promote his PBS show and talk about things that Phil is interested in. And Phil in turn made an effort to burn Eliot :).

P.S.-- Phil's show is online, and it's not bad at all! http://video.pbs.org/program/ill-have-what-phil-having/

• Like 2

Some of my favorite comedians have been on NNF, and I have to say that Rosenthal was far and away my favorite guest on the show. By contrast, I thought Larry Miller was one of the most uninteresting guests. Season 17 is truly a delight for the ages.

Sign in to follow this