🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RyanSz

Terrorvision (1986)

Imagine a movie where there is a family that are all like the aunt from Sleepaway Camp on crack, who have to fight a shapeshifting alien that looks like a melted rape tentacle monster. Then throw in Uncle Rico from Napolean Dynamite as a metalhead who constantly playing bad air guitar, swingers, and a knockoff Elvira character and you have the basic elements to Terrorvision. Knowing that the movie featured aliens as the main villain when I first saw the family I figured this movie was set on another planet, but they were just batshit crazy and the movie only ramped it up from there. What's more interesting is that this movie was written and produced by Charles Brand of the Puppet Master series fame and those films have such better stories and effects than this, despite this being a theatrical release.

• Like 1

This movie also shares the name of a band I like (I think they were actually named after the movie), so there is that.

Yeh the band named themselves after the film.

Just recently watched this for the first time and this is a prime candidate for HDTGM, it is insane.

There is so much to delve into and talk about with this film and the first hour ish is pretty good it's just the last 20 ish minutes that starts to let it down.

Would love to hear what June thinks about the outfits on show and their house as I am sure she would have a lot to say, also how is she on alien's rights and treatment in films?

Dude who directed this also did Remote from Full Moon Entertainment. Which has a rich and deserving library of films for this podcast to cover.

Prehysteria, The Puppet Master series, Oblivion, Demonic Toys, Doll Man. Dr. Mordrid etc.. Are all on the same level as Cannon Films in terms of everything they do being fucking awful.

Sign in to follow this