🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 89 — The Rise of White Supremacy in America

Sometimes finding the presidential candidate that's right for you comes down to the endorsements. Are they supported by the teachers union or local firefighters? Maybe the endorsement of the New York Times means something to you.

What if a major candidate this year, a certain blustery, orange-haired TV personality, had the endorsements of The Daily Stormer, American Renaissance and the League of the South, organizations whose political leanings fall somewhere between John Wilkes Boothe and Michael Fassbender in 12 Years A Slave? Why hasn't the Donald Trump bullet-train to the White House come to a screeching halt with the revelation that many of his advocates would rather it be 1850 than 2015?

This week on the podcast, Jack O'Brien is joined by Cracked editors Adam Tod Brown and Robert Evans to discuss Donald Trump, the seeming rise of white supremacy around the globe, and secret Nazi dog-whistles. Later, Stephanie Georgopulos from Paper Magazine sits down with Jack for a one-on-one about Michael Jackson's racial identity and what it's like to grow up biracial in America.

So "white people" don't exist because we don't have all white ancestors yet somehow you still call mixed race people black? So basically, you are so "non racist" that you now believe the one drop rule.

Just like how you are so "not sexist" that you insist that bullies are never female.

People like jack Obrien make a hate monger like Trump loom more and more appealing. Your both narcissistic morons out of touch with reality, so I might as well back the one offering me more privilage. We're all just circling the sun anyways, might as well just take whatever you can and destroy anyone you want since nobody is going to see past some simplified talking points.

Well. The Ace of Base stuff is upsetting on a number of levels.

And this is the website that loves to mock "conspiracy nuts" for analyzing media in the exact same way. I guess it's OK to find secret nazi propoganda now cus jack said so.

Maybe they're right. Maybe the world would be better if we just started wiping people out. If race is the only way to inspire people to do it, so be it.

Btw, look at how many non white people cracked employes. Funny how they can point the finger yet they are too afraid of black people to let them be the majority or even in equal numbers as the white writers. Maybe they are afraid they would form a criminal element.

Oh btw, I love the passing mention of John wick as a mad white guy movie. So Reaves is white? So what are the rules to that stuff?

Also,revenge movie is not just a white guy thing as jack so quickly claimed. The fucking equalizer came out at about the same time.

So "white people" don't exist because we don't have all white ancestors yet somehow you still call mixed race people black? So basically, you are so "non racist" that you now believe the one drop rule.

Just like how you are so "not sexist" that you insist that bullies are never female.

Having a black father is a lot more direct than a black great-great-great-grandfather, so yeah she can call herself black.

People like jack Obrien make a hate monger like Trump loom more and more appealing. Your both narcissistic morons out of touch with reality, so I might as well back the one offering me more privilage. We're all just circling the sun anyways, might as well just take whatever you can and destroy anyone you want since nobody is going to see past some simplified talking points.

If someone discussing the evils of white supremacy makes you want to support a white supremacist, you might be one yourself.

And this is the website that loves to mock "conspiracy nuts" for analyzing media in the exact same way. I guess it's OK to find secret nazi propoganda now cus jack said so.

Well the lead singer for Ace of Base was/is a Neo-Nazi, so with that in mind it's pretty easy to see Nazi symbolism. Same way you can take a lot of Cosby show jokes the wrong way (which they discussed on the podcast not too long ago.

Maybe they're right. Maybe the world would be better if we just started wiping people out. If race is the only way to inspire people to do it, so be it.

Um, you literally just endorsed genocide.

Btw, look at how many non white people cracked employes. Funny how they can point the finger yet they are too afraid of black people to let them be the majority or even in equal numbers as the white writers. Maybe they are afraid they would form a criminal element.

A lack of diversity is not racism (it's still a problem.) But nice job proving you're a racist with that last sentence.

Oh btw, I love the passing mention of John wick as a mad white guy movie. So Reaves is white? So what are the rules to that stuff?

Keanu Reeves is white. He was born in Lebanon but his parents are Canadian.

Also,revenge movie is not just a white guy thing as jack so quickly claimed. The fucking equalizer came out at about the same time.

There are still way more white-guy revenge movies than any POC or female revenge movies.

• Like 2

Having a black father is a lot more direct than a black great-great-great-grandfather, so yeah she can call herself black.

If someone discussing the evils of white supremacy makes you want to support a white supremacist, you might be one yourself.

Well the lead singer for Ace of Base was/is a Neo-Nazi, so with that in mind it's pretty easy to see Nazi symbolism. Same way you can take a lot of Cosby show jokes the wrong way (which they discussed on the podcast not too long ago.

Um, you literally just endorsed genocide.

A lack of diversity is not racism (it's still a problem.) But nice job proving you're a racist with that last sentence.

Keanu Reeves is white. He was born in Lebanon but his parents are Canadian.

There are still way more white-guy revenge movies than any POC or female revenge movies.

I never defended a white supremacist. If you need to lie then it kind of proves that you have nothing to stand on here.

I never said she can't call herself black. JACK OBRIEN said that you are not white if you have a single non white ancestor. He's saying that if you have mostly white ancestors but then one "other" than your race is that "other." It's called the "one drop rule" and it's absolutely racist. If you need to argue against points I never made to defend a podcast you didn't listen to, you have issues.

You missed my point. I didn't say the Nazi stuff wasn't there, I pointed out that they mock conspiracy "nuts" for doing the exact same thing they did.

No, I didn't endorse genocide. Genocide is the mass killing of a people based on paticular genetics. I didn't target any race or genetic type. Again, you lie about what I said because you apperently can't argue with what I actually said.

A lack of diversity may not be racist to you but cracked has argued that it is racist and sexist in the case of movies and video games. Try to keep up.

So if his parents are Canadian that makes him white? Pretty sure he's partly asian. According to Jack's intro, that makes him non white. Again, keep up. I wasn't saying he wasn't white, I was exposing how jack likes to pick and choose when his racist logic applies.

I never said there were not more white guy revenge movies. There are more white guy movies in general, I pointed out that revenge movies are not specifically for white people as jack was clearly claiming.

You are relying on strawman arguments to defend a racist, which, by your own logic, means you are probably racist. If you can't reply to anything I actually said, don't bother quoting my posts that you refused to read.

Please learn some basic formatting.

I never defended a white supremacist. If you need to lie then it kind of proves that you have nothing to stand on here.

I never said she can't call herself black. JACK OBRIEN said that you are not white if you have a single non white ancestor. He's saying that if you have mostly white ancestors but then one "other" than your race is that "other." It's called the "one drop rule" and it's absolutely racist. If you need to argue against points I never made to defend a podcast you didn't listen to, you have issues.

"People like jack Obrien make a hate monger like Trump look more and more appealing. Your both narcissistic morons out of touch with reality, so I might as well back the one offering me more privilage."

-You taking the side of someone who wants to deport immigrants on racist, xenophobic reasons over someone that reminds you white supremacy exists.

And he didn't say people AREN'T white, he said the concept of being white is faulty. You are white if that is your skin color, but there is no white culture/heritage. It seems like YOU didn't listen to this podcast.

You missed my point. I didn't say the Nazi stuff wasn't there, I pointed out that they mock conspiracy "nuts" for doing the exact same thing they did.

Except they have actual proof and evidence that's justifiable. Conspiracy nuts are the ones that claim Obama is a Muslim or from Kenya because some jackass told them so.

No, I didn't endorse genocide. Genocide is the mass killing of a people based on paticular genetics. I didn't target any race or genetic type. Again, you lie about what I said because you apperently can't argue with what I actually said.

•  

genocide

noun: the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

Maybe you should learn what words actually mean.

A lack of diversity may not be racist to you but cracked has argued that it is racist and sexist in the case of movies and video games. Try to keep up.

They don't say it's sexist or racist outright, they pine for more diversity. And this is an issue that doesn't just apply to Cracked. Maybe YOU should keep up.

So if his parents are Canadian that makes him white? Pretty sure he's partly asian. According to Jack's intro, that makes him non white. Again, keep up. I wasn't saying he wasn't white, I was exposing how jack likes to pick and choose when his racist logic applies.

Refer to what I said and "keep up." And the only person who's logic is racist is your.

I never said there were not more white guy revenge movies. There are more white guy movies in general, I pointed out that revenge movies are not specifically for white people as jack was clearly claiming.

Jack never said "it's an exclusively white guy fantasy." He said "it's a white guy fantasy."

You are relying on strawman arguments to defend a racist, which, by your own logic, means you are probably racist. If you can't reply to anything I actually said, don't bother quoting my posts that you refused to read.

You rely on patronizing dialogue and misuse of words to get your point across. Plus you defended an actual white supremacist. Maybe you shouldn't quote posts that you don't comprehend.

(psst...you may be wasting your time, bro)

Here is the New Yorker piece that came up in the episode, where the white supremacists give their thoughts on Trump. I found it to be really interesting. http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/08/31/the-fearful-and-the-frustrated

Also, the Ace of Base nazi theory definitely far-fetched IMO. I get that whats-his-name was actually in a neonazi band etc, but that doesn't mean that the lyrics in question were written by him. Even accepting that some of them were, it doesn't mean that he had any control of what was in the music videos. Also there's the fact that they were Swedish. While I understand that many (most?) Swedes speak English, there are still always things that don't translate exactly. I listened to the episode of Unpopular Opinion where Brown got into this theory, and I think it got a more appropriate amount of skepticism there.

Please learn some basic formatting.

"People like jack Obrien make a hate monger like Trump look more and more appealing. Your both narcissistic morons out of touch with reality, so I might as well back the one offering me more privilage."

-You taking the side of someone who wants to deport immigrants on racist, xenophobic reasons over someone that reminds you white supremacy exists.

And he didn't say people AREN'T white, he said the concept of being white is faulty. You are white if that is your skin color, but there is no white culture/heritage. It seems like YOU didn't listen to this podcast.

Except they have actual proof and evidence that's justifiable. Conspiracy nuts are the ones that claim Obama is a Muslim or from Kenya because some jackass told them so.

•  

genocide

noun: the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

Maybe you should learn what words actually mean.

They don't say it's sexist or racist outright, they pine for more diversity. And this is an issue that doesn't just apply to Cracked. Maybe YOU should keep up.

Refer to what I said and "keep up." And the only person who's logic is racist is your.

Jack never said "it's an exclusively white guy fantasy." He said "it's a white guy fantasy."

You rely on patronizing dialogue and misuse of words to get your point across. Plus you defended an actual white supremacist. Maybe you shouldn't quote posts that you don't comprehend.

I didn't "take his side" I compared two racist people to make a point. Again, you rely on arguing against things I never said because you have no response to my actual point.

You said I defended a racist. Show me where I defended trump or any other racist. Stop trying to move goalposts and just prove your claim.

No, it seems you didn't listen to the podcast. Saying there is no "white heritage" is the same thing. What he described applies to all "races" because race is an artificial construct. If "you are white if your skin is white" was his point then he wouldn't have brought on a "white looking person" and labeled her as "black" just because she has black ancestry. The fact that he only applies his logic to one "race" is what makes it racist.

No, you are just strawmanning "conspiracy theorists" to hide from reality. Not all conspiracy theorists believe "Obama is a muslim" and BTW not all conspiracy theorists are conservative. The idea that they have any less "evidence" then what was used for their ace of bases theory is just insane. "He use to be a nazi" is about as much evidence for it being a nazi band as "he was in skull and bones" is for Bush being illuminati or a satanist. Both are equally grounded in reality.

Read your own definition. I didn't say any paticular ethnicity should be killed. Mass killing in general is not genocide. Note the "geno" part of that word, fool. Geno, genetics, as in killing a group based on genetics. I endorsed no such thing. Every "point" you try to make is based on lies because you are incapable of disagreeing while staying honest.

You haven't shown where I endorsed genocide or defended a racist. You can't because I didn't do either.

Maybe YOU should keep up. They absolutely have accused the trend of being racist and sexist. I actually agree with them, it is racist and sexist to only cater to one race or gender. Hence my point that they are not above that rule.

You keep calling me racist. Show me a single racist thing I have posted here. I backed up my claim that jack was racist, do the same. Show me one racist thing I have ever said here.

Right, he said it's a white guy fantasy. I said that's clearly not true. Revenge stories are not exclusive to white people. You seem to think that omitting the word "exclusively " somehow negates the point. It doesn't.

You rely on lies to get your point across, hence why you again accused me of defending a white supremacist with absolutely no evidence. I could just as easily accuse you of defending a white supremacist.

Sign in to follow this