🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 272.5 — SKLARBRO COUNTY 177

Wayne Federman joins this week's County to discuss why success in entertainment is like summiting Everest, as well as how he came to record his new album The Chronicles of Federman. Then, Daniel Van Kirk covers stories that include a woman that was prostituting her own her horn, why children should no longer be playing tag, and a why a good cry is worth paying for. Lastly, Michael Kissick calls in to explain why TSA agents are no longer allowed to give hugs.

federfan! that guy knows a guy who knows a guy who runs the WWF.

he should do a CBB as scotts uncle. he is great

• Like 1

Wayne Federman brings out the old school comedian in the Sklars, which I think is so entertaining to listen to. They all become comedians from previous generations and shoot the shit like they were buddies with Carl Reiner on The Dick Van Dyke show or something. Then, since this is the County, Daniel Van Kirk brings his old-fashioned Midwestern goodness (i.e. offering rides to strangers at bus stops) while commenting on insane Japanese industries and angry prostitutes. Fun times.

Daniel Van Kirk brings his old-fashioned Midwestern goodness (i.e. offering rides to strangers at bus stops)

I love this. Not only is it a nice thing to do, but it seems like a great source of material (either specific or more general inspiration) for any comedian or writer. I guess the downside (aside from the obvious safety concerns) is that, unless you made a point of only doing it if the person or group was the only one at the bus stop, you'd risk making everyone else there mad.

Guys,

Federman's album is incredible. Such a walk through comedy in the past 35 years. He's just someone we've known and loved for 20 years and was a huge fan of for a decade before that. And he's such a supporter of everyone else in comedy while being a happy contrarian. Always love hanging with him. Capturing it on mic is just a bonus. Definitely check out the Federman Chronicles. Comedy fans will totally love it.

• Like 1

Guys,

Federman's album is incredible. Such a walk through comedy in the past 35 years. He's just someone we've known and loved for 20 years and was a huge fan of for a decade before that. And he's such a supporter of everyone else in comedy while being a happy contrarian. Always love hanging with him. Capturing it on mic is just a bonus. Definitely check out the Federman Chronicles. Comedy fans will totally love it.

I just pre-ordered it on Amazon. Federman is the best.

I remember Wayne talking about putting this album together last time he was on. Can't wait to give it a listen.

I'm in the middle of disc 2 and loving it so much. This is a walk though comedy past. It's just fun to listen to what the audience gets off on in the 80's vs. today. Audience evolution or devolution, however you choose to look at it, is fascinating and it too is chronicled here. Audiences were so fresh faced and not jaded back in the 80's but there is a great thru line in Wayne's comedy in every decade he is in. It was the only thing I listened to that made me laugh again after the Michigan loss this past weekend.

(Randy)

Sign in to follow this