🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 382 — Doing It The Savage Way

Fred: Like in Life of Pie

Scott: Ben Schwartz stars in that

• Like 5

it's weird that Savage is apparently such a common last name. Nice ancestors, you weirdos

Minor quibble with the source of where that etymology definition was copy/pasted from- silvaticus is just the male form of 'of the woods,' with silvatica being the female. Silvatica/silvaticus just means, 'of the woods.' It's a descriptor, not a noun. We're not savvy to the norms of city life. We're of the woods.

My first name (Karl) generally means 'man,' and can be broken down even further to 'ceorl' which is the lowest ranked 'free' person before slave, so put together as a whole I'm 'Free Man of the Woods,' and not 'Free Man Man of the Woods.'

Minor quibble with the source of where that etymology definition was copy/pasted from- silvaticus is just the male form of 'of the woods,' with silvatica being the female. Silvatica/silvaticus just means, 'of the woods.' It's a descriptor, not a noun. We're not savvy to the norms of city life. We're of the woods.

My first name (Karl) generally means 'man,' and can be broken down even further to 'ceorl' which is the lowest ranked 'free' person before slave, so put together as a whole I'm 'Free Man of the Woods,' and not 'Free Man Man of the Woods.'

I'm going to assume that this exact discussion was George RR Martin's inspiration for the people north of the wall being called "Wildlings" by others and "Free Folk" by themselves, and he tweaked the phrases just enough to not get sued.

• Like 1

I thought Wayne Federman sounded like David Cross when he's not being self-indulgent or smarmy. I know it's hard to find recordings of Cross not sounding this way, but they do exist.

tumblr_lwgq2kDSbP1qehcf5o3_400.gif

For a second I thought it was Josh Fenderman instead of Wayne Federman. #ThisMoneyDidntComeWithInstructions #BigWins #BigFins

• Like 2

This was a great episode. I forgot halfway through that Matt Gorley was even going to be on it because Scott, Wayne and Fred were having so much fun on their own. Then it got even greater!

'This is pleasurable is the face-down cellphone of compliments'