🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 273.5 — SKLARBRO COUNTY 178

Randy, Jason, and Daniel Van Kirk are joined by Playing House regular, Brad Morris. Brad discusses the words of motivation that he shared with President Barack Obama, coming up in Chicago's Second City, and all things Cubs. Then, Daniel covers stories that include a real life Goldilocks and a man that simply got too high. Lastly, Ozzie Guillen calls in to complain about the facilities at Wrigley Field.

My favorite part of this ep:

"I hate playing the Cardinals, because we usually lose, and we're always looking up."

"That's only in the last decade or so! When we were growing up, I actually don't want to hear that from Cubs fans, because in the 80's, ok, yes, we went to the World Series, in '82, '85, and '87, however....."

[DVK cackles]

"...however, through the rest of the 80's...."

"However? The rest of the 80's?!? You just said '87!"

From the little I know, it seems that when you try and empathize with Cubs fans about how tough things are, they won't let you.

They totally won't let you sympathize with them and we get that. But seriously, we always remember losing to those Sandberg, Durham, Dernier, Jodi Davis teams. They had our number big time. They should have won more than they did. Fascinating given what is now happening in the NLCS running into the METS buzz saw. Who could have seen that coming. Thought the Cubs were the ones to beat. It just shows you how hard it is to keep the magic all the way through the playoffs to the end. Everybody has their own magic going on and it can turn on and defeat your magic at any time. It's like one giant angry game of magic the gathering.

How great was Brad Morris, though? Solid, quality dude.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this