🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 255 — An All New Era

In this all new format of Who Charted Howard and Stard release some all new chart theme songs. Additionally, Howard discusses the secret tactics he uses to dominate his fantasy league and to be the most productive TV writer possible. Then, Kulap talks about her most recent star studded wedding. Lastly, Wayne Federman joins the show to discuss why he formatted his album to consist of 30 years worth of material, as well as how music influenced his comedy.

I LOOOOOVE that new theme song. And hey! They asked my question on the show! I'm a Federman fan and from podcasts, I know, he's a fast food connoisseur.

And he's right, too. The Mexi-melt at Taco Bell is fantastic but they never advertise it and ya never hear people ordering it.

• Like 5

A really funny episode. The new format will be fine. I can foresee it feeling a bit too short with the guest some weeks (I am glad we got Hayes under the old format) but a totally reasonable compromise to keep the show going. Who Charted remains unassailable.

• Like 1

Hell yes! Jimmy Page rocks hard but his playing is a little bit sloppy. Jeff Beck, on the other hand... one of the greatest living guitarists. He's definitely the best of the guys that played for The Yardbirds--Clapton, Page, Beck--I go Jeff Beck all day long.

• Like 1

Maybe I missed the show where they explained this, but I don't really understand this new format. It seems like the problem with Who Charted - if there was a problem - was that that the charts stayed the same for so long, leading to the hosts having to talk about the same song over and over again. As with most problems in the world, I lay the blame entirely on Taylor Swift. What made it work anyway was that the guest was different each week, and they often had something new to say about these things. Cutting out the guest from the charts entirely seems to make that problem worse, and I don't really get the idea here - they're still counting down the charts but talking about unrelated things during them?

Anyway, they'll probably iron out the kinks and be fine, I guess? The new themes are great, for sure. But more importantly forget Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck - Brother Wayne Kramer forever!

• Like 2

Yeah, the format is a little weird, but as long as we're getting Howard and Kulap (and Stard) then it'll always be Who Charted. It does seem strange to only bring the guest in for the last 3rd of the show. My idea for changing up the show was to have the guest pick an artist and then they'd countdown the top 5 most popular songs from that artist on Spotify. And maybe on movies, the guest could pick an actor or actress and they could countdown their 5 recent IMDb entries. But yeah.... this format seems like they're trying to squeeze Whooch and Twooch into one show.

Love the new logo. The format is good but I agree with that quibble. They really need to get a variety of different charts if it's just the two of them commenting on them. And if they're not (or just barely) commenting on the charts, then it feels like too much of a departure. Anyway, I'm sure they'll figure it out and the show will continue to be great.

As for this episode, Howard was spitting fire. I like Federman and he was good here, but three straight days of any guest on Earwolf shows is too much.

They really need to get a variety of different charts if it's just the two of them commenting on them.

This is the plan

• Like 5

S-Tard. You and Howard do a really fine job of mastering those chart themes. Turn them up louder, they sound great - should be blasted!

• Like 1

The things that really hooked me into this podcast were Howard's hilarious tangents and theories and, maybe more importantly, the subjugation of each guest to the array of (usually) terrible pop songs on the charts and hearing their thoughts on the movies that are at the top of the box-office. The interactions between Howard and the guest, in relation to these things made for the bulk of my enjoyment from listening to the cast. I really hope they might retool to get back to that basic and brilliant aspect of the show.

I understand that the host's schedules have changed and they're doing the best that they can under seemingly quickly changing circumstances. I don't really understand why the show can't just stay Who Charted as it was, and maybe just have monthly Two Charted's to check in with what is going on with the hosts. Again, appreciate the podcast, and I hope the kinks get worked out.

• Like 3

Not digging it totally but I am sure they will retool it tighter.

Yeah I'm with some others in thinking that the guest being a part of the discussion of music/movie charts was a lot of the fun. As long as Howie is there I will listen, but it just seems that the new method diminishes the guest's involvement. It was nice to hear a comedian rail about how much they hate that stupid cheerleader song.

I'd have been fine with the charts staying the same, but in the case that it gets too stale, just pick 5 other songs to talk about, even if they're numbesr 9-14 on the charts and have never hit the top 5 and are annoying, at least it gives a new topic to discuss why something is awful

The latest installment in The Chronicles of Federman was clearly The Chronicles of Federman:(dotdot) Escaping the Labyrinth of Earwolf. He's done CBB, Who Charted, and Improv4Humans too? If he appears on Yo Is this Racist then I may call in an amber alert for him to be released from imprisonment

• Like 4

I got a few big LOLs out of this ep.

Howard quitting pot, only to have it come around full circle. Almost reminded me of a mitch hedburg joke. Something hilarious about him being high and telling Ku that he quit, and then revealing that it was just for a very short period of time.

Not looking at the biebhorn

Choding out

Stoogedouche

Awesome stuff. Love the immediate attack on the guest with the new guest theme.

• Like 4

New theme song is doppppe. And I like the new format! I listened to Who Charted weekly when it first started but eventually started to only listen to Two Charted and eps with guests that I was a fan of. Excited for the new episodes to come!

• Like 1

I'm surprised anyone cares much about the content of the charts. I wouldn't care if you guys counted down eye exam charts every week. I just love the dynamic of the three of you guys each talking about five things going on in your lives. I don't need any bits or gimmicks, or guests for that matter.

Also, I picked up a vibe that the charts are only there to keep the conversation moving. Sure, every now and then there are songs or certain charts that have some interesting stuff, but that's just bonus in my opinion. Anyways, I was relieved by the new format. It felt a lot like Twooch and that's how I like it. Love the new chart tracks too, great job.

• Like 2

Maybe I missed the show where they explained this, but I don't really understand this new format. It seems like the problem with Who Charted - if there was a problem - was that that the charts stayed the same for so long, leading to the hosts having to talk about the same song over and over again. As with most problems in the world, I lay the blame entirely on Taylor Swift. What made it work anyway was that the guest was different each week, and they often had something new to say about these things. Cutting out the guest from the charts entirely seems to make that problem worse, and I don't really get the idea here - they're still counting down the charts but talking about unrelated things during them?

Anyway, they'll probably iron out the kinks and be fine, I guess? The new themes are great, for sure. But more importantly forget Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck - Brother Wayne Kramer forever!

They explain it in Two Charted 192 (#253.5) @ 52:37.

Love this show. I think the new format works fine. And damn, Federman on four Earwolf shows in the last couple of weeks, and today's Todd Glass Show. The dude is all over the place!