🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 255 — An All New Era

Love this show. I think the new format works fine. And damn, Federman on four Earwolf shows in the last couple of weeks, and today's Todd Glass Show. The dude is all over the place!

I think his stand-up album came out recently so he's been doing the Earwolf circuit to promote it

I really enjoyed hearing the guests take on the charts so I miss that!!!!!

• Like 3

i know different strokes for different folks and all. Some people just like hearing kulap, hk, and stard. others like the guest comments on the charts etc. i fall into the latter. Don't get me wrong, kulap and howard are the reason I tune in but I love hearing them interact with the guests regarding the charts. Having the guest only in the last third of the show seems a little odd and i agree with others that the music chart and then some unrelated topic seems a little odd. I like how the older model would allow for the show to organically go off the rails.

I also like hearing a guest's take on pop culture stuff that I might not generally hear about. How else would I have known Lauren Lapkus' thoughts on Taylor Swift, Harris wittels' 1D fandom, and Scott Aukerman's awesome taste in pop music that mirrors my own. I know this is the first show of the new era and the new themes are great and everything just needs time to settle in so we'll see how it goes. I'm a loyal Chartist :)

• Like 1

I like the new format. Can we change Kulaps' "sultry repeat everything" voice though? Thats always irritated me for some reason.

• Like 1

I like the new format. Can we change Kulaps' "sultry repeat everything" voice though? Thats always irritated me for some reason.

You find THAT irritating?? I have found it to be distracting at times, but not irritating (unless you consider traffic erections irritating)

Whoa you have to be kidding me with this new format... whaa? The Tweet Chart has long been my least favorite part of the show, and I've been praying for it to be removed for ages. Why wouldn't the last chart be a chart where the guest brings in the top 5 movies, songs, or whatever that THEY're into??

But seriously, not bringing the guest in until the end? It's actually a hard decision to believe.

And as much as I enjoy all of Howard's music, including the new show theme, I also think getting rid of the iconic show starter was a monstrous mistake. That song still got me pumped for the Who Charted that was about to happen, in addition to all the memories of old shows it always brought back. I am struggling to imagine this show remaining in my top listened to podcasts (which it has since 2012) with this new format. I am a sad chartist. :'(

There simply has to be a more creative way to spice up the show. Bring in charts made by Stard, or anyone, just as long as it's not some conglomerate chart as per usual. Just imagine Moshe Kasher coming in with his top five favorite songs, or Andy Daly coming in with his top five movies. Who wouldn't want to hear that? And for the not-with-it guests, just revert to something like the Tweet Chart. Please Howard and Kulap. I'm begging you personally, don't settle for this format.

I got a few big LOLs out of this ep.

Almost reminded me of a mitch hedburg joke.

I used to do a lot of drugs. I also currently do a lot of drugs, but I used to do a lot of drugs as well.

something like that if I'm thinking of the same joke.

• Like 1

The only people who seem to give a fuck about the charts are apparently Kulap, Howard, and Stard and it seems like they're barely into it. So why are they slavishly holding onto the premise? The fun of this show was how the guests interacted with the general discussion and the hosts. No one is listening to this show for the charts, which can easily be looked up in 2 seconds.

If the ep w Hayes had happened under this format, none of that great stuff about the song of summer and Michael Jackson would have happened.

Screw the top 5 guys, just mix it up and have fun, and bring out the guest closer to the top.

• Like 1

I used to do a lot of drugs. I also currently do a lot of drugs, but I used to do a lot of drugs as well.

I used to do a lotta drugs. I still do, but I usedta too.

• Like 1

The only people who seem to give a fuck about the charts are apparently Kulap, Howard, and Stard and it seems like they're barely into it. So why are they slavishly holding onto the premise? The fun of this show was how the guests interacted with the general discussion and the hosts. No one is listening to this show for the charts, which can easily be looked up in 2 seconds.

If the ep w Hayes had happened under this format, none of that great stuff about the song of summer and Michael Jackson would have happened.

Screw the top 5 guys, just mix it up and have fun, and bring out the guest closer to the top.

I think you're forgetting that the discussion on the show was almost always started by discussion of the charts. How do they get into these music topics other than "I heard the new TSwift on the radio today" if they don't have the charts as a structure of the show?

• Like 1

Yes precisely. Saying you quit something you currently do is hilarious in its absurdity.

• Like 1

Yes precisely. Saying you quit something you currently do is hilarious in its absurdity.

As with most things, It sounds a lot better coming out of Mitch Hedberg.

I think you're forgetting that the discussion on the show was almost always started by discussion of the charts. How do they get into these music topics other than "I heard the new TSwift on the radio today" if they don't have the charts as a structure of the show?

No, you're right, and re-reading my post it was a bit more strident than I intended. My point was more simply that no one really listens to this show for stats, it's the content that spawns out of them. I do actually get the premise of the show.

I guess I wanted to get across that these guys shooting the shit is really funny no matter what. So I'm wondering more than anything why they are imposing these restrictions on themselves.

Does that make more sense?

I only say that cause it bummed me out that the Wayne Federman section was so short. I know it's been beat into the ground at this point.

I say just do a longer show. I don't think anyone would mind 20 more minutes of WHOOCH a week.

• Like 1

Why wouldn't the last chart be a chart where the guest brings in the top 5 movies, songs, or whatever that THEY're into?

Unless the guest is already a fan of the show or friends with the gang, asking them to bring in "homework" could be awkward.

• Like 1