🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MichaelBuckner

Dragonheart (1996)

I think this could be a bad movie because it has some questionable elements, but I love it and the fact that I sob uncontrollably whenever I watch it makes me think it might be amazing. It's not on a Zardoz level that's pretty obvious. I don't know. Interesting suggestion. I'd still love to hear them chat about it.

Oh, side note - the music is stunning. No questionable Con-Air style guitar nonsense.

I think this could be a bad movie because it has some questionable elements, but I love it and the fact that I sob uncontrollably whenever I watch it makes me think it might be amazing. It's not on a Zardoz level that's pretty obvious. I don't know. Interesting suggestion. I'd still love to hear them chat about it.

Oh, side note - the music is stunning. No questionable Con-Air style guitar nonsense.

Yeah - I agree on your comment about the musical score. The main theme is really well done. Great soundtrack.

so how do they pick movies? this post has such a crazy low view/post count.. do they just randomly pick movies now?

does Blake chose the film?

so how do they pick movies? this post has such a crazy low view/post count.. do they just randomly pick movies now?

does Blake chose the film?

No. Directly from Paul:

Blake has never dictated an article. I always pick movies with Avaryl (Movie Bitches) and Nate - they often have seen them before and we try to find stuff that will breed an interesting conversation and be fun and different. But back to Blake after the movie is picked I tell him what we are doing. His approval isn't a consideration for me.
  • Like 1

I wonder if June will feel that Thewlis was also ultimately mis-cast in this movie as well. I liked this movie as a kid but I do remember that Thewlis performance in this movie was a little unsettling, and it was always hard to take him seriously as any kind of physical threat to Dennis Quad.

Sign in to follow this