🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 274.5 — SKLARBRO COUNTY 179

The Sklars welcome to the show Brian Huskey who talks about his new movie A better You, as well as how new media is changing the game of entertainment. Then, Daniel Van Kirk covers headlines that include a disgruntled pork factory worker, a child whose happiness is a danger to society, and a woman on the lamb whose hide out is a porta potty. Lastly, Mark Wahlberg calls in to discuss his determination to make Will Ferrel a funny guy.

Now watch these twins

Randy and Jay

Now watch these twins

Watch DVK

(repeat infinity times)

The last photo on the episode page is the best.

• Like 1

Was hoping for Brian Huskey to yell at some point (as he often does on Womp), was not disappointed.

10/10 would listen again

There may be an agreement between the child plaintiff's dad and the aunt. The homeowner's policy will probably cover liability and the may be trying to collect.

You see this kind of thing a lot in car accidents where the driver and passenger are spouses. You'll the passenger spouse sue the driver spouse to collect from the insurance company. I don't know what's going on with the aunt, but she may not be an actual monster.

• Like 3

There may be an agreement between the child plaintiff's dad and the aunt. The homeowner's policy will probably cover liability and the may be trying to collect.

You see this kind of thing a lot in car accidents where the driver and passenger are spouses. You'll the passenger spouse sue the driver spouse to collect from the insurance company. I don't know what's going on with the aunt, but she may not be an actual monster.

Yeah, that came out after when the aunt talked. In hindsight, I shouldn'tve sent it in.

• Like 1

Yeah, that came out after when the aunt talked. In hindsight, I shouldn'tve sent it in.

I'm glad you did. Still fun to listen to them riff on it.

• Like 1

I'm glad you did. Still fun to listen to them riff on it.

Yeah, the hors d'oeuvres line is pretty legendary.

• Like 2

I'm glad you guys are already pointing out how the Aunt/Nephew thing turned out. When that story hit and everyone was piling on with the internet shaming (which I'm always wary of anyways), I didn't really feel one way or the other as I read about it on whatever site I was reading it on. I only felt that I didn't have all the facts. Then someone in the comments on that article mentioned the homeowner insurance angle and how this stuff happens a lot when dealing with the shitty, shitty insurance companies, and that this is probably what was going on, and sure enough it was, which I was relieved to discover once that was confirmed.

Liking your posts for some messageboard karma!

Great points all the way around about the homeowners insurance stuff. Maybe this woman was put in a bad position. Makes you hate insurance companies for not having a clause for this sort of thing. LIke couldn't this be filed under a freak family accident thing. She would still get the insurance money but she wouldn't have to accuse her nephew of anything. Insurance companies probably use that to their advantage. "She won't name her nephew in the suit." OR WILL SHE?!!!!

• Like 4

I'm filing suit against some Brothers (Sklar) for putting that song in my head. As a 40 year old man who is NOT connected to popular culture in any manner, I'd managed to avoid actually hearing it - I've seen it referenced on social media 900 times - and then listening to my beloved podcast, and BLAM! There it is.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this