đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 122 - Death Spa: LIVE!

yeah .. the high five (or should i say low five) was my fav part ... so bad

2vtqx6c.jpg

The end credits should have rolled immediately following this.

• Like 6

So during the party, the lawyer breaks in to Michael's office to mess with his files.

While there, someone else enters which forces the lawyer to hide.

What is completely insane is that he is barely out of the way before the other person enters the frame.

wvthfTE.png

Like even if you want to say the room is dark and the 2nd person didn't notice the lawyer... they are looking right at the lawyer.

L6Kg5tN.png

• Like 2

It's true... there is an insane amount of blood in just your hand.

u62f5RD.png

fIDR4do.png

• Like 2

By the way... nice "garden."

I mean that is where Katharine supposedly lit herself on fire.

45A4lHe.png

This is straight up the desert

• Like 3

This might be the ultimate HDTGM movie. Not only do they reference The Room, Birdemic, Daredevil and Runaway, this movie has 8 other callbacks.

1. Throwing a football during regular conversation-The Room

2. Really close face to face enemy talking (Michael and David, Michael and the lawyer) -Roadhouse

3. Black female cop paired with a dinosaur- Theodore Rex

4. Burning people- The Wicker Man

5. Pirate rambling to Catherine in the computer room- Rollerblading girl in Crocodile Dundee

6. Dead wife having an influence on new girlfriend- Safe Haven

7. Main character doesn't actually engage in a threeway/group sex- Staying Alive, Perfect

8. Halloween movie with a gender bent twist at the end- Sleepaway Camp

Edit: Also referenced Colour of Night, when thinking Catherine became David

• Like 10

and two more things that made me go "uh?"

when Michael comes back home and looks for Laura he finds her asleep on the couch. but she is face down (i guess so we think she is dead)

she has massive bandages on her eyes after getting a face full of acid and she sleeps face down?

o603dd.jpg

and when Catherine comes into the control room and starts to "seduce" the pirate this is his reaction .... who wrote this???

ek28er.jpg

• Like 6

This might the the ultimate HDTGM movie. Not only do they reference The Room, Birdemic, Daredevil and Runaway, this movie has 8 other callbacks.

1. Throwing a football during regular conversation-The Room

2. Really close face to face enemy talking (Michael and David, Michael and the lawyer) -Roadhouse

3. Black female cop paired with a dinosaur- Theodore Rex

4. Burning people- The Wicker Man

5. Pirate rambling to Catherine in the computer room- Rollerblading girl in Crocodile Dundee

6. Dead wife having an influence on new girlfriend- Safe Haven

7. Main character doesn't actually engage in a threeway/group sex- Staying Alive, Perfect

8. Halloween movie with a gender bent twist at the end- Sleepaway Camp

dont forget the kitchen appliance attacking humans ... blender in this, electric knife in Maximum overdrive

• Like 6

I'm glad June is not afraid of twins, because I'm a twin. An identical twin--the scariest kind! I'd have to leave the forums lest I upset June.

I think it's true that humanity in general (not June!) has a twin fear. I mean, you think of THE SHINING and other movies that have used twins. There were cultures that believe twins were an ill-omen and the twins would be killed on birth. Sometimes the mother as well. And, with these two being male-female twins, there has long been a belief that male-female twins had sex in the womb and therefore should be married to one another. I personally think this is gross. I no more want to have sex with my sister than non-twins do with their sister. Though I once got in a fight with someone online who insisted that MOST twins had an incestuous relationship. Shudder. Anyway, I think this is the deep psychological concept DEATH SPA is trying and failing to tap into.

And to neilly's point about the brother having an accent and the sister not, it's commonly known that one twin out of all twinsets is British. I mean, come on.

• Like 4

I've been saying this for years but my suspicions have now been confirmed, ikea bathroom titles kill people!

I got upset with two parts of this movie, one was when the juice lady was screwing around with the blender playing a screw up version of will it blend. and the second time was when no one would simply pour water on what looked like a commodore 128 computer, I've also got a good working idea who was behind all of this.

it was master control computer system from tron. maybe they were running that os.

death-spa-4.jpg

also fish ties are not funny and they don't make good gifts.and I think we all know who nic cage would of clearly played a part in this film.

this movie was at one point marketed as the title witch bitch.

395578088.jpg

I've found it twice on horrorpedia

• Like 2

His head is the clit.

death-spa-1988-ken-foree-1.jpg

Thanks for posting this I almost forgot, Two minutes for unnecessary groin activity.

• Like 1

Why would a Paranormal Investigator carry a gun?

Good question. But when he showed it off that is when Michael knew he was the right man for the job.

CqE5ObY.png?1

• Like 2

this movie was at one point marketed as the title witch bitch.

395578088.jpg

I've found it twice on horrorpedia

Fun fact: this movie does not have a Wikipedia page in English but has French page for the Quebecois dub. It's not extensive but it's there.

• Like 2

Okay two more things.

The woman who falls off the diving board, does so after her 5th jump - going for her 6th. I kinda feel like she was asking for trouble.

Also there's a majorly visible boom mic which slides into the left side of frame during this scene.

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 3

I think it's true that humanity in general (not June!) has a twin fear. I mean, you think of THE SHINING and other movies that have used twins. There were cultures that believe twins were an ill-omen and the twins would be killed on birth. Sometimes the mother as well. And, with these two being male-female twins, there has long been a belief that male-female twins had sex in the womb and therefore should be married to one another. I personally think this is gross. I no more want to have sex with my sister than non-twins do with their sister. Though I once got in a fight with someone online who insisted that MOST twins had an incestuous relationship. Shudder. Anyway, I think this is the deep psychological concept DEATH SPA is trying and failing to tap into.

And to neilly's point about the brother having an accent and the sister not, it's commonly known that one twin out of all twinsets is British. I mean, come on.

Ugh there's weird twin stuff too???? I guess I really do need to get on this movie. I am also a twin (I have a twin brother -- and no, we are not identical. I get asked this more than you'd think, and sometimes strangers even try to convince me that it's biologically possible <_< ), I have a weird love/hate relationship with portrayals of twins in the media. Twincest though...that I am never happy to see. Gross. I feel like Game of Thrones has like, put it back on people's radars and now people think it's funny to make jokes about it but I literally do not know what to say and I refuse to indulge them with a laugh. I have a feeling I will see little of my experience as a twin in this movie. At least I hope not.

Twins are kinda crazy, though -- this I fully acknowledge. I think it's less weird when you just think about it as two peeps who were just roommates for an extra 9 months, especially in the case of fraternal twins; genetically, fraternal twins are no more similar than any other siblings. Identical twins are crazier, but like, that shit is SO COOL. Then again, I am in science, so I would think that...

• Like 1

Why would a Paranormal Investigator carry a gun?

trust me on this, when it comes to witch bitches there is only one way to handle them...

Bruce-Campbell-in-Army-of-Darkness-2.jpg

• Like 12

I’ve written a little scene about how I think this movie got made.

INT. PRODUCER’S OFFICE - DAY

PRODUCER and WRITER wake up on the floor, surrounded by beer bottles and cocaine.

PRODUCER
Oh shit - it’s the first day of production and we forgot to write the script!
(does line)
We’ll just have to do a quick search-and-replace with another story.

WRITER
How about JAWS? That’s a good movie.

PRODUCER
Perfect. Just replace “4th of July” with “Mardi Gras,” “Seaside Town” with “Health Club,” and “Shark” with “Serial Killer.”

Writer TYPES into an 80s computer.

WRITER
Oops. I replaced “Shark” with “Health Club” too.

PRODUCER
So, our story is “In the days leading up to Mardi Gras, a Health Club is terrorized by… a Health Club?”

WRITER
That’s correct.

Producer considers this while he does another line.

PRODUCER
We’ll figure out the details later. Let’s get these pages to set.

• Like 5

So maybe this is nit picky but did anyone else notice the awkward shot length on this cardio instructors feet, the shot goes on for about 40 - 60 seconds of screen time and feels so strange. That said as a follow up to perfect maybe it doesn't seem that awkward.

• Like 1

That Chipotle spot got real dark.

• Like 3