🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 32 - Storage Room In Back Of Hot Dog Stand

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes everyone, including people not listening, back to SPONTANEANATION! This week, Paul’s special guest is the Academy Award-winning Jim Rash of Community! They chat about Jim's greatest mistake, when he learned that he was adopted, and what TV show he'd save with a letter-writing campaign. Paul is then joined by Colleen Smith, Jean Villepique, and Craig Cackowski, to improvise a story set at Storage Room In Back of Hot Dog stand at Amusement Park Going Out of Business. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

PFT's EPISODE NOTES

- This was my

!

- In addition to vandalism, Michael Fay was also caned for theft!

-

was the sheriff!

- The Silver Spoons spinoff Jim was thinking of is most likely

, which is often thought to be a Silver Spoons spinoff but is not!

- This is that scene from

!

- Paul’s accent in the improv segment may be familiar to listeners of

!

THE NEXT SPONTANEANATION LIVE AT LARGO IS SOLD OUT! BUT TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW FOR THE DECEMBER 5th SHOW, FEATURING IMPROVISERS HAL LUBLIN, ANNIE SAVAGE AND JANET VARNEY, WITH SPECIAL GUEST RON FUNCHES! ALL PROCEEDS GO TO CHARITY. TICKETS

When Paul did the "JV initials" segue to his next improviser, I thought (not having looked at the guest list) that he was about to introduce Janet Varney (another frequent and very enjoyable recurring member). It was, of course, Jean Villepique (who is equally a delight), but now that made me long for a JV-Squared episode (which we have not had since episode 12)

• Like 3

Okay, am I the only one who thought, "Wait, is Marc Evan Jackson there?", every time Millionaire spoke?

Every time he would sneak up on the others with his Marcevan voice, I wanted to shout out, "Cack-Attack!"

Jean Villepique was smart, charming, and delightful as always.

I think I could happily listen to Colleen Smith yell incoherent insanity all day.

Thanks!

• Like 3

I'm going to name my firstborn "Millionaire"

an exceptional episode all round

• Like 1

Craig's callback that acknowledged the listener may be my favourite ending to an improv on this show! I took my hands off the steering wheel and said "Whaaaat?" and thankfully, didn't crash and die!

• Like 4

HOT DOG STAND GENIE!

"You remember hwhen you wish for free gum chopped onion for life?"

And who knew Dabney Coleperson had a cameo in She's The Sheriff?

• Like 3

Warning to all future special guests: If you do not include definite or indefinite articles in your location, (and write legibly, spoiler alert) your failure to do so will be immortalized in the improv forever.

• Like 5

Every time he would sneak up on the others with his Marcevan voice, I wanted to shout out, "Cack-Attack!"

Wasn't Jim Rash Millionaire, though?

• Like 3

Wasn't Jim Rash Millionaire, though?

Yeah that makes a lot more sense. Here I was super impressed by Craig's range on this ep, and it turns out I just forgot that the guests are getting in on the improv now. You know what I say to that?

CACK-ATTACK

• Like 1

I am incredibly amused the character whose default voice is so loud that they have given themselves tinnitus.

• Like 3

Craig's callback that acknowledged the listener may be my favourite ending to an improv on this show! I took my hands off the steering wheel and said "Whaaaat?" and thankfully, didn't crash and die!

I could swear that was Paul's voice.....?

I could swear that was Paul's voice.....?

it was.

actually, it was you, the listener, who was speaking the whole time.

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this