🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 212 — Dan Deacon and the Mighty Mighty Bosses

American composer Dan Deacon joins Seth Morris, Lauren Lapkus, and Jon Gabrus for a very special musical edition of improv4humans with Matt Besser! Dan performs songs from his latest album "Gliss Riffer" live in-studio that will inspire scenes about finding a tiny person inside a reverberating man, nerds and jocks becoming friends after the nerds beat a high school principal in a game of chess, and two couples one-upping each other at Make-Out Point. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and pick up Dan Deacon's music at www.dandeacon.com!

30 seconds in and I'm already laughing oh what a glorious episode this will be

• Like 1

I would not object if Jon Gabrus was on every episode of every podcast every day, what a guy oh my god I love him so much

• Like 6

Everyone needs to see Dan Deacon live at least once in their life.

A transcendent experience.

Maybe because of his influence, this felt like another 4:20 special in parts. Fantastic stuff!

• Like 5

YES DAN DEACON YES

that is all

• Like 1

This was fucking awesome

Why did I eat the last of my hallucinogens last night!!!

3 of my favorite humons too. Thank you Matty B, and kudos to the engineer, sound was on point.

• Like 2

I would not object if Jon Gabrus was on every episode of every podcast every day, what a guy oh my god I love him so much

Gabrus, Gemberling and Paul Rust are on the podium in terms of guests for me. I don't mind a bit of Betsy Sodaro either. What's your improv 4 humans dream team?

• Like 6

Yet another week where I've got nothing more to add but "Holy shit what a lineup"

The game of 'Bagel Hat Was Ice Cream Time Card Shark Nose Nose' turning into 'Double Mint Twins Get F*cked the Ass' and then into a scene was mesmerizing.

• Like 1

BOYS

BOYS

WHATTA YA GONNA DO WITH THAT BASKETBAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Like 1

Love iiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Man, Dan Deacon is so similar to Animal Collective. Which is made all the more confusing by the fact that a guy named Deacon is also in Animal Collective.

• Like 3

One the best eps!

If I4H was a tv show, I would hope Dan Deacon would be its Reggie.

• Like 3

It was a happy coincidence that I hit a pipe and opened a beer as this episode started. I figured Deacon was another improviser.

• Like 1

Gabrus, Gemberling and Paul Rust are on the podium in terms of guests for me. I don't mind a bit of Betsy Sodaro either. What's your improv 4 humans dream team?

Gabrus, Rust, Lapkus, Huskey, Wengert. Probably my top 5 but you've also got Hines, Morris, Gemberling and Sanz. Hard to exclude people

• Like 2

Of the month

Nay!

Of the fiscal quarter!

TBH I paused the episode and now I'm just listening to Dan Deacon while I do the dishes

• Like 1

First off.......AMAZETASTIC EPISODE!

Having Dan Deacon there and giving I4H a boost up and beyond to make this the episode of the year..... I'm on my second listen to it right now. I'm at work right now and my body is all tingly from the music. It's so freaking good!

And then Besser brings a murderer's row of amazing improvers.

I need to try this like a 420 episode when I get home.

• Like 2