🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 122.5 - Minisode 122.5

My first C&O! Yaaaaaaaay!

It feels great right?

triple co-MVP in one ep baby!!!

>this may not make sense. i haven't had coffee yet so can't tell.

Thanks buddy! You make sense to me, in that I also have not had coffee yet. I was astounded when my second C&O was said then basically died with the trifecta

• Like 5

I get some mentions here and there, but I never get THE C&O of the week. I imagine that this will keep up until I'm presented with an Honorary Lifetime Achievement C&O Of The Week when the 2019 Howdies roll around or so.

• Like 3

Congratulations to Souprman and all the C&O guys but EllenM was all over that. Way to go.

1443.gif

• Like 5

Also, again this is a bit early in the week to side track into comics, but Paul is totally right about the new Star Wars comics. Star Wars and Darth Vader have been consistently great since they started. Then again pretty much everything by Jason Aaron and Kieron Gillen is solid so it's not that big of a shock.

• Like 4

Also, again this is a bit early in the week to side track into comics, but Paul is totally right about the new Star Wars comics. Star Wars and Darth Vader have been consistently great since they started. Then again pretty much everything by Jason Aaron and Kieron Gillen is solid so it's not that big of a shock.

He did a great run on Punisher a few years back with Steve Dillon that fit right in with epic run that Garth Ennis had on the book.

• Like 2

Congratulations to Souprman and all the C&O guys but EllenM was all over that. Way to go.

1443.gif

Aw shucks guys.

giphy.gif

This was the first movie I actively took notes for. I'm glad you were all here to enjoy this with me. Trying to explain what a podcast forum to my real-life counterparts was too difficult for them. This was a great day for us all.

• Like 5

He did a great run on Punisher a few years back with Steve Dillon that fit right in with epic run that Garth Ennis had on the book.

Yeah, I didn't know Aaron was doing a Star Wars book. I'll have to check it out. I remember his Punisher MAX run, and it was pretty incredible.

Also, again this is a bit early in the week to side track into comics...

Nonsense. It's a minisode thread. Sidetrack away!

• Like 4

steel and kazaam ... does that mean no holiday episode again this year?

Are you kidding? The day that Kazaam appears on this show will BECOME Christmas!

• Like 3

steel and kazaam ... does that mean no holiday episode again this year?

Maybe a certain rapping genie that lives in a boom box could grant you a wish for a holiday episode...

u1QwjIm.gif

• Like 2

Other than quite average acting, Life force is surprisingly an enjoyable film. I've been struggling to get through a lot of the films recently, but this is keeping my attention. And of course, Patrick Stewart just outclassed every other actor in this.

Nonsense. It's a minisode thread. Sidetrack away!

Well all right then. Also, my deep condolences that this week is yet another 80s movie. When I heard that sadly my thoughts were of you.

Is anybody else reading Jason Aaron's Southern Bastards? I love that book so much.

• Like 1

There's only two things you need to know about 'Lifeforce'...and they both belong to Mathilda May...Jason is going to be in 'hog-heaven'...

I vote to re-name this site 'THANK GOD This Got Made...'

John Laroquette was yet again the uncredited narrator for LifeForce. I say yet again because he was also uncredited as the narrator for the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. He claims to be paid for his TCM work with a single joint. I'm guessing since this was the 80's and adjusting for inflation, he received an eight ball for his narration for this one.

• Like 4

I'm barely into the movie and I'm already on board. How much of a spoiler was it for people coming in cold when the titlecard said it was adapted from the story "The Space Vampires"?

Other than quite average acting, Life force is surprisingly an enjoyable film. I've been struggling to get through a lot of the films recently, but this is keeping my attention. And of course, Patrick Stewart just outclassed every other actor in this.

Did Paul mention Sir Patrick during the minisode? I feel like this is the first that I'm hearing he's in this movie. How do you not lead with that? Now I have to watch it!

• Like 2

watched it last night and i gotta say ... i really enjoyed it. twas alot of fun.

theres so much to talk about ... this could be a long ep

i really want ot see jasons notes

I just finished and I gotta say, didn't particularly enjoy it. I started off strong and then quickly realized it was not getting better. I slightly got back into it when Patrick Stewart showed up though.

I agree that there is SO much to talk about. I'm impatient already for Friday.

• Like 3

Fun fact this was on TV here about a month or so back and got in some trouble because they failed to censor it properly

• Like 3

Stupid double-post. I guess I have to fill this space with something...

So for Halloween I went through a bunch of movies, and one of them was the Rifftrax VOD for Rock and Roll Nightmare. Subsequently, as any discerning music lover would, I had to download the songs. This is currently my 3-year-old's favorite song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8_t8UxIri0

As a parent you look for those moments when you know you're raising your child right, and I have to say, I'm nailing it! And if you don't think hearing a toddler requesting Jon Mikl Thor by name isn't the most adorable thing you'll ever heard, you're dead inside.

Guys! Paul is on SPONTANEANATION today! Sooooo, go listen!

I believe he's going to be on the next James Bonding as well. At least, he was supposed to be going to see Spectre w/ Matt & Matt, so I can only assume...

• Like 5