🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 122.5 - Minisode 122.5

I feel bad now that I didn't watch community, had I known that jason was on it.

Maybe I would of watched it. I am not sure why I didn't like it. I like Joel McHale's soup show.Hmmm

I think he's only in that episode.

I'm guessing a lot of us are MST3K fans, so I thought I would ask what everyone's feelings about the MST3K Kickstarter campaign.

Personally, I'm kind of torn. On the one hand, a world with more MST3K is great, but on the other hand without much of the original cast and writers it seems like kind of a cheap grab by Joel. I kind of feel like MST3K had it's run, and with over 200 episodes, a very successful run at that. He seems like a smart guy, I feel like he should be trying to do something new, or at least, from a different angle.

I don't know, it just feels kind of reductive to me...

Regardless, it appears to be a foregone conclusion since they have 28 more days and have already almost met their goal. And for those who don't know what I'm talking about, click here.

• Like 1

I'm really on the fence with it, I'll watch whatever they make, but I'm not gonna donate for several reasons. (mainly that since the main difference to rifftrax would be the host segments, and I really didn't like any of the non-riffing bits from Cinematic Titanic)

I'm not really married to the old cast, at least in riffing (especially since currently I feel that the Rifftrax crew are well behind any of the good iriff groups, so its not like nobody else can do it except the ones who already have), but it did take a while for Bill to get into the groove of Crow, and with a relatively small amount of episodes not sure getting used to not just 2 new people manning the bots that are so iconic at this point, but also probably a new human could maybe be a bit hard. Plus trading on nostalgia is one thing, but at least from what I know, Joel is basically the only connection to the old show and probably wouldnt be onscreen afaik, so its harder to see it as a continuation kinda thing.

I'm mostly sure it won't suck, but not all that sure it will be awesome.

• Like 2

I'm guessing a lot of us are MST3K fans, so I thought I would ask what everyone's feelings about the MST3K Kickstarter campaign.

Personally, I'm kind of torn. On the one hand, a world with more MST3K is great, but on the other hand without much of the original cast and writers it seems like kind of a cheap grab by Joel. I kind of feel like MST3K had it's run, and with over 200 episodes, a very successful run at that. He seems like a smart guy, I feel like he should be trying to do something new, or at least, from a different angle.

I don't know, it just feels kind of reductive to me...

Regardless, it appears to be a foregone conclusion since they have 28 more days and have already almost met their goal. And for those who don't know what I'm talking about, click here.

I didn't know it would feature much of the original cast/writers...that kind of makes it a no go for me. And admittedly, I may be in the minority but I liked Mike more as a host.

• Like 1

mauq2u.jpg

if it makes you feel better paul, my eyes feel like they are going to fall out of my head in pain from the eye strain that this has caused me.

Pretty solid! Much, MUCH better than the horror show that was the Today Show cast "dressing up"...

• Like 4

At first I was very confused and now still rather conflicted. I mean I thought if we wanted to hear some MST3K style riffing we had either Rifftrax of Cinematic Titanic to choose from and those were good options. On a quick side note speaking of movie riffing, I would love to hear a Benson movie interruption someday. Anyway, I was fine with those two options but did miss the fact they were with more modern movies and not with some cheesy old B-movies which was part of the charm of the show. So this seems to fill that as they seem to want to do older B-movies. Then the writing and casting issue comes up and odd that it's in a thread where Community has just come up. If anybody saw all of Community but especially the Yahoo season or any show that comes back after cancellation, you'll know some of the magic is gone. Whether or not that is because the whole original cast is gone or not all the writers are back or what there is just a difference and it's noticeable if you are a fan. The writers are important and that time away they need to find a rhythm again to get back to where they were, but as not all the original writers are back this could mean a whole need voice to the show. Also regardless where you fall on the Joel vs Mike debate, the show needs Mike. He was one of the main writers since the beginning and his voice(not his literal voice) needs to be part of the show to truly make it MST3K. It just seems like a lot of trying to capture lightning in a bottle again and I wish them luck and probably will check them out but still a little guarded. Also, seeing as Jonah Ray was in the kickstarter video, wonder what involvement he'll have if any with the regular show.

• Like 1