🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 385 — The Beatles of Cults

Mulaney is so damn quick. He's always one of the best in the pre character guest segments.

yeah i, embarassingly enough, truly had to check before they finished the bit, if "The Comeback Kid" was indeed spelled like "The Cumback Kid"...

• Like 1

Only listened to 30% but great ep! Love Mulaney, at the top of his game right now.

38%

39%

• Like 5

Yep... Spit take... bigsue@yahoo.poo. That one got me. Nicely done.

Oooooooh my store is under water.

• Like 2

The first thing I noticed in the photos was Betsy's shirt, so I'm glad Scott acknowledged it. On a related note, I wonder if Big Sue is the proprietress of Big Sue's Tapwater Taffy.

Great ep, Mulaney is awesome and both characters were very funny. But all of this Beatles talk made me wish that a certain member of the Fab Four could have popped in.

• Like 2

Good ep!

Scott slowly turning around had me laughing like a fool

Big Sue's recurring love of pizza was so funny and endearing

And the rest was really great, too! I was going "ha" and "ha" and "ha" at many separate, distinct times during this podcast.

• Like 1

So guys, we're going to watch The Comeback Kid as the 10:00pm-type awesome comedy special before we get to the 11:00pm-type edgy comedy sketch show, right? Mulaney first! W/ Bob & David right after! Don't die from excitement!!! I just might!

• Like 2

all of Mulaney's skateboarding bits were killing me... it sounds like he was a serious shredder like I was back in the day. I completely lost it when he said "really hurt your shoulder in a weird way"... so vague, yet so strangely specific and close to home.

damn, I need to go outside and do an ollie... preferably on a cold day, over a beanstalk-sized foot. hard.

• Like 4

all of Mulaney's skateboarding bits were killing me... it sounds like he was a serious shredder like I was back in the day. I completely lost it when he said "really hurt your shoulder in a weird way"... so vague, yet so strangely specific and close to home.

That was hilarious. I loved his tone and it was clear he was speaking from a place of complicated emotions (shame, love, et al). I hope that when Scott and the others kill themselves and go to that better place, Mulaney will teach them all how to land an Ollie hard.

• Like 1

I haven't gotten to the character segment yet (I assume it's coming after this commercial), but there really needs to be a CBB Solo Bolo series - listeing to Mulaney and Scoot Auk talk endlessly in circles about nonsense is just endlessly entertaining. And although I know that all the info in that discussion is pure B.S. I feel like I'm being informed and learning something about all the topics discussed (Lincoln top hats, Bill Clinton, Louis Gosset Sr., etc ad infinitum) - ooh, here's Lauren Lapkus...

• Like 1

When will voting for the Best Ofs for this year be open? Earlier in the year, Scott said 'around Halloween'.

I think it's around mid Nov? You're right though it is getting pretty late in the year.

this episode reconfirms that Mulaney is one of the funniest people in the world. And whoa Scotty I didn't know Shaun white was dating the girl from Phantogram.they make good, uh, music.

• Like 1

Big Sue describing Shaun White going down on her by just walking up to her then opening and closing his mouth like a gerbil at it's water bottle.

Probably gonna be the best thing I think about all week.

The tears, they were a-flowin.

• Like 2

I have this thing with Betsy Sodaro where I think she's funny but her voice kinda annoys me

I honestly thought it was whoever voiced Chucky from the Rugrats when I first heard her. Then I realized that I'm just dumb because that wouldn't make sense

To me, Big Sue sounded like a Carol Kane character, I feel like Lauren definitely took some of those vocal abnormalities from Kane's either natural accent or frequent affectation (I dont know which it is, she just always talks funny like that)

I liked this ep. John Mulaney is my favorite person. The end.

When John Mulaney was talking about Bill Clinton not inhaling but liking the edibles, I can't believe Scott didn't seize the moment with an "Eatin' ain't cheatin'."

• Like 3

No bonus ep for With Bob and David? Nooooooo!

I'm gonna hold out hope that its coming on Monday, but I too expected a nice Mr Show reunion CBB. Maybe Bob/David are touring real shows to promote it, but even so, grab Jay Johnston, Jerry Minor, PFT and Posehn and shoot the shite!