🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Lando

The Death of Superman Lives

This falls into the "tangentially HDTGM related recommendations" category that does not belong in the "bad movies" subforum, but I am not sure where else to put it. Anyway, happened to see the title on the guide and instantly decided to give it a view. They have it on rotation on Showtime, and Showtime on demand so if you subscribe I would definitely suggest checking it out for the following reasons:

- Discussion of Nic Cage as Superman

- Jon Peters describes himself as a "street fighter"

- One of the interviewees has a Zardoz head

It's a bit rough around the edges, but it is an interesting look at a movie that got trapped and eaten by the vortex of development hell.

• Like 1

Loved this doc. I watched it on YouTube. It would've been THE mark of nick cages career. God I would love to go back in time and make this happen.

I watched it a couple weeks ago and liked it. Can anyone explain the part where they're in an interview and Peters takes a phone call and they don't cut away? At first, I thought it would relate to the interview or the movie somehow, but it didn't. The only thing I can think is that he left it in there to make Peters look bad, which is insane. If you're granting someone a long interview in your own office, I don't think it's unreasonable to take a phone call for 1-2 minutes, and there was obviously a ton of other stuff in there to make him look bad.

I love this doc, I didn't quite get the Jon Peters phonecall scene, but I think it's in there to make him look like the nutball that Kevin Smith and everyone else made him out to be.

I think that the movie would have been great, hopefully far superior to the epically dumb Man Of Steel.

I love this doc, I didn't quite get the Jon Peters phonecall scene, but I think it's in there to make him look like the nutball that Kevin Smith and everyone else made him out to be.

I think that the movie would have been great, hopefully far superior to the epically dumb Man Of Steel.

It's just amazing how bland and boring "Returns" ended up being, like how after all the insanity and craziness behind the scenes, THAT'S what we finally ended up with when WB did end up pulling the trigger on getting a movie made. "Man of Steel" reminded me of "Incredible Hulk" in a way, like they were so much more like the kind of movies their predecessors should have been, but still weren't quite there. They were better, but not good.

Jon Peters' tough guy past again raises the question "What exactly IS a street fighter?".

Sign in to follow this