🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 258 — Spit It and Quit It

You seem to think that the only way she can try to be funny is by putting on a crazy voice and being so out there, and I think thats incredibly foolish and sexist. Women can be naturally funny and great storytellers just as well as men can be, so why don't you update your point of view.

Rats, you got me!

So its sexist because I happen to be highly annoyed with a woman's voice and think that a man in the same room, containing 3 other people, has a weird voice but I don't find it annoying?

side note, I think that this particular woman doesn't want to be taken 'seriously' because she seemed set on displaying what a "crazy chick" she is, she's a comedic actress, and what I found annoying about her voice was heightened at certain times and completely not present at others, which tells me its a bit of a character that she enjoys playing.

Is it a problem that Howard's voice makes it hard to take him seriously? I guess not, he has a dick

Well, but you seemed to be saying at first that it's not sexist to think she has a weird voice because Howard has a weird voice as well--but then by saying you liked his voice but didn't like hers, you seemed to be arguing completely against your point. I just didn't understand why you would even bring that up.

Obviously, people can like and dislike whatever voices they want. But it's a problem when large groups of women who happen to speak a certain way are dismissed by many men and women simply because of their voices.

Well, but you seemed to be saying at first that it's not sexist to think she has a weird voice because Howard has a weird voice as well--but then by saying you liked his voice but didn't like hers, you seemed to be arguing completely against your point. I just didn't understand why you would even bring that up.

Obviously, people can like and dislike whatever voices they want. But it's a problem when large groups of women who happen to speak a certain way are dismissed by many men and women simply because of their voices.

Just brought it up to be honest about my opinion. I don't hate Howard's voice, I kind of hate Sean from HH's voice, because it sounds forced and fake, I also dislike Armen quite a bit when he's doing his annoying shtick. Howard's voice to me comes across as genuine, he's odd but doesn't try to speak even weirder.

You guys are welcome to have the opinion that my dislike for this person's shtick makes me a sexist, but I'm really not, after all I have friends who are women!