🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 277 — Crossing the Wine

This week Randy and Jason discuss the dating app for bullies and the MLB’s inability to produce a calendar. Then, the Sklars welcome comedian and actor Judah Friedlander who talks about the proper way to do sports commentary, as well as the inspiration for his new book “If The Raindrops United.” Later, the gang gets into some takes that include an overbearing hockey dad, Lindsay Vonn’s dog fighting career, and Cam Newton’s thievery. Lastly, Chris Berman calls in to discuss his love of all things wine and women.

I'm really looking forward to this ep. I've seen all 7 seasons of 30 rock (multiple times) and Judah as Frank never fails to crack me up. Thanks for having him on you guys!

Judah is the best. A LONGTIME friend who really opened up to us on this podcast. His book of drawings is incredible. And without being overt, incredibly revealing. We really meant what we said on the pod about after reading the book, feeling like we had spent some time in his head. Truly awesome.

Proud of this ep. Hope you guys dig it. Plus, let us know about the fight tinder take at the beginning. We feel like it could be the last piece to our new stand up special.

real life Judah is nothing like his 30 Rock character, I spent the bulk of the ep thinking "is this the same guy?"

About Tinder, it seems like a lot of comedians and sitcoms have tinder based jokes. I'm old and married, not on tinder, not interested in exploring it. While social media allows for more areas to explore in comedy, it does segment the audience into age-based demographics. If your audience is made-up of a lot of young single folks then you've hit a vein of gold.

I listen to podcasts at work, so depending on the workload I have to check-in/check-out when it comes to conscious listening. So there are times (and it's not just you guys) that when a podcast is talking about swiping I check-out. If I continue to hear "swipe left" I stay checked out.

The bit sounded good, sounds like you still have material to mine, but I'm not the young hepcat I once was, so it's not for me.

Great points to keep in mind, re: Tinder and crossing age lines. Not sure where this special will go and maybe it's material that other comedians would do. Honestly, we fear that more than we fear doing a bit about technology that might segment our audience, because we talk about sports to people in our audience who know nothing about sports. It's all about explaining it. But good to keep in mind. Thank you for your feedback on this. Also, we just found out the fight tinder Rumblr is a hoax so we probably won't do the bit.

Sign in to follow this