🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

EPISODE 110 — Handbook East with Tom Scharpling

Hayes and Tom Scharpling are checking in this week from The Big Apple itself -- New York City! They talk about potential New Yorkers to recruit to the east coast branch of the network, discuss the mega-hit Hamilton, and bond over their favorite NY memories on the phone with Sean.

• Like 6

HEYNONG MAN

Kidding you guys. Lol

Looking forward to this episode. I like the way Sean and Hayes being on opposite coasts has freshened up the show these past few weeks.

Also, Chanson sent me another rap this week but it's far too disgusting to post. He rhymes the word "front" with the word "...."1 and he does it 11 times. It's a strange rap.

1. (you know the word. I'm all for the first amendment but the way Chanson uses the word repeatedly, I'm not so sure anymore )

• Like 20

Cool. Hollywood Handbook is one of my faves, or perhaps my number one fave, I'll never tell.

• Like 13

haven't listened to this ep yet

v funny, v good

edit: i was right

Edited by Danny Boy Wizard
  • Like 8

I hope that Hayes's new life as the earwolf of wall street doesn't go to his head

• Like 15

I really, really, really like the slow start to this ep.

Always fun to hear Scharpling try not to laugh.

• Like 13

I want the boys together again. As Thin (Lizzie) once said, the boys are back in town and these boys need to be back in town! I mean, they don't call it Hayes-ywood Handbook: An Insider's Guide to Kicking Butt and Dropping Names in the Red-Carpet-Lined Back Hallways of this Industry We Call Sean-biz for nothing!

• Like 7

It's so good to hear Hayes' voice through a real microphone again.

• Like 8

HA bet you guys that were making fun of me and Norm for talking basketball are feeling pretty stupid right now. You suckers have no idea who Lou Amundson or Dave Debusschere are.

• Like 8

Since we heard everyone's favorite NYC (New York Community) story, maybe we should share our own? Mine has to be Pizza Rat. That little feline had me laughing so hard like come on ya dingus you don't eat pizza! Only in New York.

• Like 6

HA bet you guys that were making fun of me and Norm for talking basketball are feeling pretty stupid right now. You suckers have no idea who Lou Amundson or Dave Debusschere are.

I wish there was an opposite of like button.

• Like 8

I think this geico commercial is probably the best representation of NY. Do they have these commercials in other places that are tailored to accurately depict your area?

• Like 6

I think this geico commercial is probably the best representation of NY. Do they have these commercials in other places that are tailored to accurately depict your area?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6JtymV2qfY

We do love walking bridges and cracking wise on cyclists.

• Like 6

I'm so glad that there was extensive talk about the true star of Ghostbusters; the ghost who blew Dan Akyroyd. She's a nice lady.

• Like 11

Thank you Hayes and Tom for reading this forum and knowing how badly I've been wanting to hear my favorite musical Hamilton discussed on my favorite podcast Hollywood Handbook. Even if you had just mentioned it, That Would Be Enough*, but the several minutes of discussion we got was a real treat. I am looking forward to hearing Hamilton's new podcast on Earwolf East. In fact, I can't Wait For It*. Today, I am finally Satisfied*.

I have the honor to be your obedient servant,

A. Abs*

*Hamilton reference

• Like 8

My favorite thing about new york is the exaggerated accents rappers used to do back in the 80s/90s. The pinnacle of this was certainly German dance music combination Real McCoy.

When I was going to school in North Carolina, and started to feel a little homesick for the NY/NJ area, I would just put on this song, listen to this white German guy rap "I TAWK TAWK I TAWK TO YOU", and it would just feel like home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAXGlx_m2xM

• Like 9