đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
screa2008

King Solomon's Mines (1985)

Man oh man, if you all are into Cannon Group films these days, then this one is a must see! Richard Chamberlain and Sharon Stone (in her first starring film role) star in this remake based on the H. Rider Haggard novel. It completely rips off Indiana Jones's aesthetics, involves a character named "Prune Face," and is incredibly racist, but unintentionally so (at least, I hope...). There's this one scene where Chamberlain and Stone are getting boiled alive in a giant bowl of soup with floating plastic vegetables.

My grandmother had a VHS copy of this that I used to watch as a kid whenever I visited her house. It was the only movie that she owned! Check out the trailer

• Like 2

There's this one scene where Chamberlain and Stone are getting boiled alive in a giant bowl of soup with floating plastic vegetables.

I heard a rumor that Sharon Stone was so difficult in the making of this film that people on the crew secretly pissed in that water as revenge.

There's a great story in the Cannon documentary about how it wasn't Sharon Stone that they meant to hire at all, that when the producers were talking about getting the Stone woman, they meant getting "Romancing the Stone" star Kathleen Turner!

• Like 2

It's flat out amazing how crazy racist that movie is. Jeebus Crest. You have to see to believe.

edit: just off the top of my head: the Indian guy, James Earl Jones' entire character, crazy stupid native war leader, happy white people fighting the superstitions of the simple black folk... Pretty much anything in the movie.

Oh man... my previous post refers to the sequel, "Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold". Haven't seen the first one since I was a child.

Currently resisting the urge to make a new thread for the sequel.

This movie is a family favorite. This move is ridiculous but in a really good way.

When the 'natives' are handing Jesse jewels and she does that fake laugh? Ugh!

Or when Allan is carrying a 5 foot pole which suddenly becomes 4 yards long when he needs to pole-vault over a giant pit.

Fake people, fake railroad ties, fake vegetables. But the entertainment is real.

Just watched this movie for the first time and this cheap dollar store knock off of Indiana Jones was so misogynistic and racists I could barely finish watching it. The main character is not a likable hero at all and Sharon stone’s character is extremely obnoxious- your typical blonde white woman in distress who bitches and complains about everything because if her “white privilege”. She’s absolutely useless and gets captured nearly dozen times by “black savages” and always needs to be saved. I would give this movie zero stars but that would be too generous.

• Like 1

I watched this movie when I was 10 or so...are you saying its not as good as I remember?!?!?

Sign in to follow this