🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 214 — Wild Horses vs. Big Grande: LIVE at UCBsunset

It's a two-team spectacle as Lauren Lapkus, Erin Whitehead, and Stephanie Allynne of Wild Horses and Dan Lippert, Ryan Rosenberg, Drew Tarver, and Jon Mackey of Big Grande join Matt Besser for a LIVE improv4humans from the UCB’s Sunset theater in Hollywood California! They'll explore what it would be like if home invaders entered a home of an old college buddy, being finalists at the Laundry Olympics, and Halloween was every day in October as they Crap on YouTube. Plus, musical guest Ivan Ives performs "California" which inspires a scene about adjusting to the chill California lifestyle. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

• Like 1

Wasn't there somebody doing hip-hop on another i4h live episode? Or am I thinking of another podcast?

Up to the start of the first scene: Ivan is good.

• Like 1

So happy to see Wild Horses in the title but then no Mary Holland, you sent me on a real emotional rollercoaster I4H.

I thought I heard Mary laughing in the audience, but that doesn't make sense.

I liked Mary trying to insert the Halloween song from The Nightmare Before Christmas

• Like 1

Loved that opening song

He really earned those three rounds of applause!

Great ep. The laundry scene was fantastic.

• Like 1

The Fox News bit regarding the transgender bathroom thing was pretty hilarious...but...you do gotta admit that the graphic is kinda silly and offensive to be honest, and as other people pointed out, pointless as there is already an indicator for same sex bathrooms...

Like, I know Fox News wanted to play that up into something else entirely, but lets really look at that iconography:

The idea should be 'red' = ladies, 'blue' = mens, the same human stick-figure exactly half and half is genital free-for-all. That's pretty simple.

It's WAY less offensive than plopping the "male" iconograph upper-body (that takes up 70 percent of the iconography design easily) ontop of the red skirt lower iconography. Like, is this a real thing, or did Fox News make it up?

I guess what I'm saying is, why wouldn't the divider be down the center vertically and the stick figures sexless?

Is that graphic real? Like, that's a real thing that's going to be on walls somewhere in public?

That iconography literally says: "This bathroom is for male top-heavy chimera with possibly lady parts underneath that dress." It's almost an invitation to a weird show! Like, there are going to be dudes busting in there ALL THE TIME and then sighing really loudly when there isn't a man that's 70 percent torso wearing a tutu taking a really luxurious piss.

Edit: That is a great idea for a youtube series. Just rent out a small room in an office building with high and variable traffic and stick a placard with obscure iconography on the outside and wait until someone comes in, have a laugh, and ask them what they thought the sign meant, and why they eventually entered the room:

"I dunno...the sign looked like a horse...and a man was putting it down...but we're on the 30th floor of this building...I really couldn't figure it out. Plus, I really had to go to the bathroom, and I don't got time to really mull this over. It was probably a restroom. After I sign this non-disclosure, there IS a toilet in here I can avail, correct?"

I'm not positive but I think I heard this guy laughing in the audience

• Like 1

I tagged his first big laugh on Soundcloud

Also, have you ever thought about taking part in the HH Popcorn Gallery

I'm unfamiliar.

Google says it's Hollywood Handbook and they ask the forum posters questions?

I never really listen to those guys. Not that I don't like them it's just hard to work and pay enough attention to them. I tend to miss a lot. Oh and I'm not that into pop culture?

Here is a breakdown of the scenes from this episode.

- (0:21) “California” – A hardworking Ohio-native gets in trouble at work for not acclimating to the laid back California lifestyle

- (9:52) Let’s Talk Some More About That – Getting high near the UCB theatre – A husband’s college friend attempts to rob the couple’s house

- (15:44) Crap on YouTube – “Washing machine collectors awash with enthusiasm on laundry day” – Two teams compete for who has best washing machine at laundry Olympics

- (27:12) Crap on YouTube – “Jamie Lee Curtis Basically Invented Instagram” – Wife tells judges on The Voice that she invented the show first

- (37:56) Crap on YouTube – “Man protests restaurants all-you-can-eat policy” – Aunts and niece argue rules of “all you can eat” with waiter

- (45:31) Twitter Suggestion – Stranded – John Mackey was stranded in a Dallas airport on Christmas – Passengers at snowed-in airport try to gain sympathy for the remaining cots

- (55:11) Twitter Suggestion – Pumpkin Spiced Latte/Calling all of October Halloween – Students present their Halloween presentations in the beginning of October/A kid moves through life with a teacher very fond of his uncle

- (1:01:47) Crap on YouTube – Fox news failed on-the-street interview – Interviewees answer reporter’s questions before they’re asked/Newscasters struggle to keep their show afloat

Kevin the Intern's Intern

Sign in to follow this