🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

EPISODE 111 — Mike O'Brien, Our Close Friend

I really enjoyed listening live, but as it went on I was getting increasingly nervous. I was also incredibly tired (it was about 1:30am my time when the got to me!) Then I thought I was going to be part of a monster call and then suddenly it was just me and the boys. I was too startled to listen properly and ended up giving one word boring answers. Most embarrassed I've been in years.

Overall experience 8/10 would call again.

• Like 13

I'm really looking forward to listening to this when it drops.

I think as long as Ranran, Jmonsterface, Kevin O'Brien, Robotam, Greggy, Sillylillyquee, Burdrulz, Tim and souprman didn't get through it will be a great listen.

If they did, i might just sit this one out.

• Like 20

hi danny. can't we both be nice boys around here? we 'ann's have to stick together. xoxo (d)ann(y)ie

post script, good job on also being good. way to take your own advice.

hm i'll admit that at first i was opposed to you on principle

and i read your name as an angry shout

(AAAAA! :angry: )

but now you said a nice thing about me

so i read your name as a happy shout.

(aaaaa! :lol: )

all in all you can be a nice boy too BUT NO ONE ELSE

NOBODY ELSE CAN BE A NICE BOY

IF YOU WANT TO BE A NICE BOY TOO FUCKING BAD

WE HAVE TWO OF THOSE NOW

ok goodnight

• Like 22

Damn, I was just about to rebrand to #1 Nice Boy but looks like that's out of the question now. Thanks a lot Danny, we were supposed to fulfill the prophecy together. The chosen ones.

• Like 19

I can't believe I missed my chance to call in. Stupid thanksgiving and stupid road trips.

(No, seriously guys I've been in the car 12 hours now I'm losing it. My butt hurtz.)

How've y'all fine folks been?

• Like 8

First Peretti and Peele, now Gourley and Lund... Do I sense a special Davenport/Clements announcement on the horizon?

• Like 18

I had no idea Peretti and Peele were dating let alone engaged, woah

Excited to listen to all you nerds nervously try to be funny and impress Sean n Hayes x

• Like 6

"Mommy, why does the make up monster make us kiss her on the merry-go-round?"

what Gwen's kids ask the nanny at bedtime.

• Like 9

I'm really looking forward to listening to this when it drops.

I think as long as Ranran, Jmonsterface, Kevin O'Brien, Robotam, Greggy, Sillylillyquee, Burdrulz, Tim and souprman didn't get through it will be a great listen.

If they did, i might just sit this one out.

all right buddy. thats a LOL

• Like 12

I'd like to give a big thanks to Engineer Cody for turning the mics on early so we could hear Sean explain to Steffi how the call-in system worked, and Hayes doing a Dr Evil impression. What a special Third Day of Thanksgiving treat.

Also, I've got 99 problems but knowing the Earwolf wi-fi password isn't one.

• Like 20

Is it "because_fi"? If it isn't, don't tell me. I really want that to be the password.

• Like 8

I'd like to give a big thanks to Engineer Cody for turning the mics on early so we could hear Sean explain to Steffi how the call-in system worked, and Hayes doing a Dr Evil impression. What a special Third Day of Thanksgiving treat.

fat lot of good that does you in merry old england, eh?

• Like 12

First Peretti and Peele, now Gourley and Lund... Do I sense a special Davenport/Clements announcement on the horizon?

Seeing Gourley tomorrow, planning on only using two words the entire time ('my' and 'wife')

• Like 5

fat lot of good that does you in merry old england, eh?

I assume they'll be flying me out next year for a one year anniversary catch up.

• Like 12

I assume they'll be flying me out next year for a one year anniversary catch up.

And you also assume they won't have changed the wifi password? Making a lot of assumptions there, buddy!

• Like 6

You'd think that all that extra time turning on mikes he'd know how to take a call. You know, like he did multiple times and the shit the bed on one caller? I mean, it's fine. No big deal, right? It could happen to anyone. #likeanelephant

• Like 6

I'm very sad that I couldn't call in due to my schedule being fully booked of me being anxious about calling. I really have to work on my time management skills. Any tips? And please don't refer me to a buzzfeed article, those are always too overwhelming. Thanks in advance

• Like 16

Buy an old wooden clock with an exceptionally-loud seconds hand

• Like 5

friggin call-ins, man. I guess it's just not meant to happen for me.

Don't worry about it. Things were never the same for me after my son and I appeared on episode #78 of hollywood handbag.

Immediately after I hung up the phone, we were both still so high from our taste of fame, we got in the car, drove to New York and hired an agent, a manager, an acting coach, a vocal coach, and a publicist. We got headshots, $200 haircuts and my son demanded we hire a personal trainer. I maxed out 3 credit cards and drained my 401K that I had been paying into for 10 years all in one whirlwind afternoon.

What they don't tell you is that Earwolf doesn't pay you an appearance fee. I thought it would be OK to blow through all that money because we'd make it back and then some once the other gigs started coming in.

7 months later and I'm $40K in debt, no savings, no acting gigs on the horizon. I got divorced and remarried twice. My son won't speak to me. I got addicted to online mahjong. Been in and out of rehab.

Appearing on a call-in show is not all it's cracked up to be.

• Like 20

Aw shucks I missed the call-in. I can record 30 seconds of muttering and nervous giggling if anyone wants to hear what I may have sounded like.

Anyway, thejjar I made a sweet potato souffle with homeade marshmallows atop it. It turned out better than last year. The recipe calls for bacon bits on top but I went for toasted pecans this year cause I think the whole bacon trend is a little gauche now, and it was yummy. I didn't take a pic but I snapchatted one to Eliza with a :P maybe she screenshotted it?

My dad is a little older and is a picky eater (he tried 'rice' for the first time a few years ago) and even he ate them though he usually doesn't fuck wit sweet potatoes and raved about them. Felt pretty good to me, Thanksgiving is a good holiday.

• Like 14