🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

EPISODE 111 — Mike O'Brien, Our Close Friend

Does anyone still watch SNL

yep! I avoided the Trump episode obviously but this is actually a really good cast and the sketch writing is really solid-all around. The sketches are actually sketches, not loose concepts wrapped around dumb characters and impressions (they'll do those every once in awhile, but the Hayder/Wiig years were ALL that). Update is pretty bad, but mostly because of the hosts. The joke writing is still pretty good.

• Like 6

The reuniting of Hayes and Sean. I couldn't ask for a better episode to get that Pro Version ba-bay.

V exciting. Normally I'd just pop some xanies to chill out but I already packed my mom up with all my medicine and sent her to the fundraising drive.

• Like 20

I hate when people shit on SNL. Every era of SNL has had good skits and bad skits, it's just you only remember the good ones from the past so you're underwhelmed when you watch a full current episode. You would probably be equally underwhelmed watching any episode ever. SNL still produces quality stuff from really funny people. It's just easier to say stuff like "it hasn't been good since Ferrell left" and have a bunch of people who also don't watch agree with you.

• Like 18

To my best friend jack:

EAT A BAG OF DICKS

PS - You know I love you, bro.

• Like 8

I hate when people shit on SNL. Every era of SNL has had good skits and bad skits, it's just you only remember the good ones from the past so you're underwhelmed when you watch a full current episode. You would probably be equally underwhelmed watching any episode ever. SNL still produces quality stuff from really funny people. It's just easier to say stuff like "it hasn't been good since Ferrell left" and have a bunch of people who also don't watch agree with you.

Really? I think it's a super cool and unique perspective on comedy and I'm glad it comes up literally any time SNL is mentioned anywhere.

• Like 8

Great episode.

I'd love to stay and chat but I know how long it's gonna take to wrangle up my puppy and kitties and get them in the car, so I'm off to do that now.

Also this episode is inspiring a name-change

• Like 7

the Hayder/Wiig years were ALL that). Update is pretty bad, but mostly because of the hosts. The joke writing is still pretty good.

What was your take on "Really? with Seth and Amy"

• Like 1

Really? I think it's a super cool and unique perspective on comedy and I'm glad it comes up literally any time SNL is mentioned anywhere.

Totally! Have you also heard that The Simpsons isn't as good in it's 27th season as it was in it's 7th!?!? I just thought of that!

• Like 11

What was your take on "Really? with Seth and Amy"

I loved that cast, but the sketches were always pretty lazy. Weekend Update was always a highlight, though. Seth and Amy were a great combo. I genuinely enjoyed "Really?"

Maybe that's not cool, but guess what, NERDS is cool now and bleh blah blehhh.

• Like 3

Here's what I think about SNL - it's a sketch comedy show with a rotating cast. They write and rehearse each episode in one week and then perform it live on Saturday night at 11:30 PM on NBC. Some sketches are really funny. Some are kind of funny. Some are not very funny.

I hope that wasn't too controversial

Update: This might be stoking the fire - but I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if I didn't add that there's also a different host every week. Some hosts are great. Some are pretty good, and some are not good at all.

there's also a different Muuuuuusical guest (scott aukerman) every week. I won't editorialize on this b/c I fast forward through this part of the show 90% of the time.

The end.

• Like 13

To my best friend jack:

EAT A BAG OF DICKS

PS - You know I love you, bro.

I had sushi instead, sorry bro.

• Like 11

Here's what I think about SNL - it's a sketch comedy show with a rotating cast. They write and rehearse each episode in one week and then perform it live on Saturday night at 11:30 PM on NBC. Some sketches are really funny. Some are kind of funny. Some are not very funny.

This is inflammatory and unreasonable and I don't think we should have to listen to this kind of slander.

• Like 8

Listen Steve, there's a time and place for such a contentious statement.

And that's now and here. So, thank you.

• Like 10

Everything used to be different before. It's different nowadays, though. Nowadays everything is the same.

• Like 21

Engineer Ryan making a strong play to be known as the least game Engie. Mike O'Brien was great, managed to get himself up to speed quickly despite not listening to the show.

• Like 17

~~THE RESPECTER'S CREED~~

I respect Hayes and Sean,

For they are good boys.

~~~~~~end~~~~~~

I know some of you will be afraid to share this

• Like 16

Totally! Have you also heard that The Simpsons isn't as good in it's 27th season as it was in it's 7th!?!? I just thought of that!

Well.... Those Josh Weinstein & Bill Oakley seasons (7 and 8) are arguably the best The Simpsons has ever been. Also the tone of the show has changed a lot since 'the good old days'. Plus there have been some real objectively awful seasons since season 13 or so.

• Like 5

Well.... Those Josh Weinstein & Bill Oakley seasons (7 and 8) are arguably the best The Simpsons has ever been. Also the tone of the show has changed a lot since 'the good old days'. Plus there have been some real objectively awful seasons since season 13 or so.

Agreed but I just find that most people that criticize the quality of The Simpsons today just don't watch it anymore. It's obviously not as good as it was. The Simpsons in it's prime was some of the funniest TV ever. I was more just making fun of people's reaction to bringing up the Simpsons is pretty much "LOL remember when it was good!" and they go on to further stroke their superior ego.

• Like 5

It's great to get initial orders but not for returning customers and it is a subscription box model

Wouldn't it be horrible if a company sold a lifetime subscription plan and its market research involved one of those Facebook quizzes, titled something like "Which Kanye West Song are You?" but the questions were really just a self-assessment type thing to determine how likely one is to commit suicide in the near future. Then the company would target promotions and advertising for the lifetime subscription plan at the most depressed individuals, knowing it wouldn't have to provide the product for very long.

Here's a sample question:

What do you usually wear to the club?

A) Dark jeans, button-up, and sneakers because I love myself

B ) A blazer and my best friend on my arm because I have friends and a good support team

C) Nothing! Who needs clothes when life is so great!

D) Why does it even matter? What's the point of going to a club? What's the point of doing anything? It 'd be better for everyone if I didn't go at all. Actually, it would be better for everyone if I was never even around.

I don't know about you, but this seems like an awful company imo.

Anyway, back to the important stuff. What I really want to say is how amazing that episode was. There really wasn't a moment that wasn't perfect. Even Engineer Ryan was great.

• Like 18