🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

EPISODE 111 — Mike O'Brien, Our Close Friend

Wouldn't it be horrible if a company sold a lifetime subscription plan and its market research involved one of those Facebook quizzes, titled something like "Which Kanye West Song are You?" but the questions were really just a self-assessment type thing to determine how likely one is to commit suicide in the near future. Then the company would target promotions and advertising for the lifetime subscription plan at the most depressed individuals, knowing it wouldn't have to provide the product for very long.

Here's a sample question:

What do you usually wear to the club?

A) Dark jeans, button-up, and sneakers because I love myself

B ) A blazer and my best friend on my arm because I have friends and a good support team

C) Nothing! Who needs clothes when life is so great!

D) Why does it even matter? What's the point of going to a club? What's the point of doing anything? It 'd be better for everyone if I didn't go at all. Actually, it would be better for everyone if I was never even around.

I don't know about you, but this seems like an awful company imo.

Anyway, back to the important stuff. What I really want to say is how amazing that episode was. There really wasn't a moment that wasn't perfect. Even Engineer Ryan was great.

I used to work in market research, and I can tell you that this almost definitely already exists

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claritas_Prizm - for a fun party game. Look through this increasingly depressing list of segments that market research companies have placed the population. Which one are you? Go around the table at thanksgiving and try to classify all of your family members and friends!

• Like 8

Agreed but I just find that most people that criticize the quality of The Simpsons today just don't watch it anymore. It's obviously not as good as it was. The Simpsons in it's prime was some of the funniest TV ever. I was more just making fun of people's reaction to bringing up the Simpsons is pretty much "LOL remember when it was good!" and they go on to further stroke their superior ego.

I know, I felt bad responding seriously to a joke post. But I couldn't stop myself from defending prime Simpsons. I agree that most people who claim that the show sucks now don't watch it. And its still better than a lot of TV which is pretty remarkable even if it isn't the best it's been.

• Like 2

Episode 111 everyone make a wish!

Make a wish?

What is this, the most recent episode of With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus!?

or

Episode 111 everyone make a wish!

Make a wish?

What is this, that foundation I tricked!?

PS: Good ep.

PSP: Sony handheld device.

• Like 8

Even when banksy disrespects you it means he respects you enough to disrespect you so it's still kind of a win tbh imho

• Like 23

Family Guy's always been better than the Simpsons, now only South Park is good though

• Like 1

yep! I avoided the Trump episode obviously but this is actually a really good cast and the sketch writing is really solid-all around. The sketches are actually sketches, not loose concepts wrapped around dumb characters and impressions (they'll do those every once in awhile, but the Hayder/Wiig years were ALL that). Update is pretty bad, but mostly because of the hosts. The joke writing is still pretty good.

I watched the start of last season and thought update was almost always better than the sketches. I also think the Wiig/Hader/Armisen etc era is the best era

• Like 1

The weather was really shitty earlier walking back from the gym (humblebrag), but blasting Hollywood Handbook in my earholes made me not care about the shitty weather :)

• Like 3

Can we all agree Leslie Jones is annoying and not funny

• Like 1

Even when banksy disrespects you it means he respects you enough to disrespect you so it's still kind of a win tbh imho

It's really a Sean like if you think about it, and we all know that's great.

• Like 7

Speaking of annoying, the War on Christmas is beginning to infiltrate and infect my school. I walk in today to see a big ol SNOWMAN in front of the office. Then I look to my left and see a fricking MENORAH on a little shrine. Then I see a CHRISTMAS tree to my right.

JUST PICK A HOLIDAY! I don't want to confuse these kids and have them think that Christmas is about MENORAHS and SNOWMEN.

And don't even get me started on these RED CUPS! You might as well just burn a cross and commit sodomy on a bed made of aborted fetuses I mean jesus THESE PEOPLE!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Turkey Day and get uber stuffed!

• Like 19

HI GUYS! I'm new but I love HH and most people.

Let's gossip, which people do you not like

• Like 4

HI GUYS! I'm new but I love HH and most people.

Who the fuck are you and what are you doing barging in here?!

(hi, annie i luv u)

• Like 5

Don't let it bother you chickn. The War on Christmas is a myth. It's a right-wing conspiracy designed to remind us that we're different from each other, it's not real.

Plus you can't war on Christmas - everyone has to stop fighting and play baseball or something. It's called a Christmas truce.

• Like 11

Shouldnt the angry cup people just tell Starbucks people there name is Christmas so then the cups do have Christmas on them? But I suppose they might end up saying cripsmiss or something (get it guys? It's that joke that baristas can't spell or hear right). Well it doesnt matter cause I go to local coffee shops, cause I live in Brooklyn and we don't like popular stuff

• Like 11

hmmm Hitler, Bill Cosby, Sean Penn!!!

Wow this is so weird cause those are my 3 favourite people. Hitler's my favourite painter, Cosby's my favourite comedian and Sean Penn is my favourite actor!

• Like 3

The weather was really shitty earlier walking back from the gym (humblebrag), but blasting Hollywood Handbook in my earholes made me not care about the shitty weather :)/>/>

Ah nothing like curling up with one's fifth favorite podcast on a cold autumn day

(to be clear hh is my first favorite podcast and this post is a patented nohorseman burn, which incidently might also warm up this poor soul)

• Like 14

Hey. I love Ashley, I hope that get's me some hecka cool points. B)/>

Oh god Annie.

Sorry to say I think you've just destroyed your reputation here.

• Like 14

Hey. I love Ashley, I hope that get's me some hecka cool points. B)/>

POINTS!

(we make jokes like this around here)

• Like 12