🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Blast Hardcheese

The Worst Movie Ever Made?

Is Ballistic: Ecks Vs. Sever the worst movie of all time? This article seems to think so:

http://www.ozy.com/acumen/whats-the-worst-movie-ever/65509

Agree? Or disagree?

This writer does nothing but spew Rotten Tomatoes statistics and talk about the Razzies like they're relevant. "Ballistic" is bad, but fuck this article.

• Like 4

This writer does nothing but spew Rotten Tomatoes statistics and talk about the Razzies like they're relevant. "Ballistic" is bad, but fuck this article.

Thank you! Yes, this movie is horrible, but is it Mano: The Hands of Fate, Birdemic: Shock and Terror or The Room bad? Not even in the slightest.

Thank you! Yes, this movie is horrible, but is it Mano: The Hands of Fate, Birdemic: Shock and Terror or The Room bad? Not even in the slightest.

The article was like "These other movies are zero percent too, but there aren't AS MANY bad reviews up", which means jack shit, because it's not like they don't exist. They just didn't make the jump to the Internet age. I can understand why, when it came time to make a website and make some sort of digital archive, my local paper didn't find it necessary to preserve their reviews of "Leonard Part 6" or "Return to the Blue Lagoon" for all times. The door swings the other way too, as I'm sure there are some "perfect" films on RT with bad reviews that also didn't make the jump, which are the reviews that I'd actually most like to read. For instance, it's a well-known fact that Orson Welles wasn't particularly liked by a newspaper PUBLISHER, so it's safe to say that there had to be some negativity out there despite several of his early works rating on RT at 100%.

I agree with saying "fuck this article", but I feel the Ballistic: Ecks Vs. Sever is a different kind of bad movie than The Room, Birdemic: Shock & Terror, and Manos: The Hands of Fate. Ballistic was made with a large budget, had competent people working on it, and had actors that are talented. Manos, The Room, and Birdemic are all complete trainwrecks that fail on every level possible level.

I feel that large budgeted studio films, and small indie films should be compared separately.

• Like 2

The insane thing was that first there was the B:EvS game for the GBA that I remember being pretty good especially for trying to be a FPS on a 2d system. Then the movie came out and burned hard and I think really didn't have much to do with the game, then they released another game which I heard was also pretty good but not related to the movie.

I'd like to hear Blake Harris get to the bottom of this.

The article was like "These other movies are zero percent too, but there aren't AS MANY bad reviews up", which means jack shit, because it's not like they don't exist. They just didn't make the jump to the Internet age. I can understand why, when it came time to make a website and make some sort of digital archive, my local paper didn't find it necessary to preserve their reviews of "Leonard Part 6" or "Return to the Blue Lagoon" for all times. The door swings the other way too, as I'm sure there are some "perfect" films on RT with bad reviews that also didn't make the jump, which are the reviews that I'd actually most like to read. For instance, it's a well-known fact that Orson Welles wasn't particularly liked by a newspaper PUBLISHER, so it's safe to say that there had to be some negativity out there despite several of his early works rating on RT at 100%.

Leonard Part 6 was the exact movie I was thinking of when I read this piece. B:EvS looks (and, from it's reviews, sounds) bad, but is it as horrific as LP6?!? While I haven't seen the former, the latter is easily one of the worst cinematic experiences I've ever subjected myself to. After watching this movie, I felt ...gross. It hurt me. It made me question humanity. It made me question my judgment. How indeed did this awful film get made?

That being said, I'd enjoy hearing HDTGM cover B:EvS. It may not be as God-awful as LP6, but B:EvS sounds enjoyably stupid, nonetheless.

• Like 2

I always felt Manos: Hands Of Fate was the worst movie ever made.

It's definitely one of the worst movies i've seen.

I agree with saying "fuck this article", but I feel the Ballistic: Ecks Vs. Sever is a different kind of bad movie than The Room, Birdemic: Shock & Terror, and Manos: The Hands of Fate. Ballistic was made with a large budget, had competent people working on it, and had actors that are talented. Manos, The Room, and Birdemic are all complete trainwrecks that fail on every level possible level.

I feel that large budgeted studio films, and small indie films should be compared separately.

I think you may be confused between what is the worst movie ever made? vs. What is the most disappointing movie ever made? Leonard Part 6 is extremely disappointing, but it is light years away from being as bad as Birdemic.

That said, Creeping Terror is the worst movie ever made.

Sign in to follow this