🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

EPISODE 113 — Listeners, Our Close Friends 3

Is it cool that I know you're in Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport just from the architecture? Probably not, right? Thanks.

The Tibetan monks probably helped give it away too, also because of the fact that I told you where I was going earlier.

• Like 16

Seriously, why does no one talk about how there's a Michael Madsen and a Mads Mikkelsen? They've both been in James Bond movies, for crying out loud! That's like if nobody addressed it if they replaced Judi Dench with somebody named Denchy Jude!

It's weird, is all I'm saying.

• Like 9

Dear forum,

a friend of mine recently told me that I look like Martin Shrekli, did they mean that I look rich? Or did they mean that I look like a rat faced douche? Should I cut this person out of my life.

• Like 21

I've never watched a Star Wars film.

Does that make me a bad person/failure as a human being?

There's a new Star Wars out?

Sorry, back to your question.

First, I'd like to preface this by stating that this is not one of my weird, fake, made up things.

Okay, so I've only seen part of a Star Wars movie; I couldn't make it through the whole thing. But I never thought that was the reason I was a failure. I always thought it was because I didn't like Blade Runner.

I saw Blade Runner pretty recently for the first and only time at one of those late night screenings, and not knowing anything about it, I didn't know if it was a sincerely good movie, or if they were doing that screening because it was one of those "so bad it's good movies" like The Room or Troll 2. As the movie progressed, I became sure that it was a hilariously bad movie. And not just because of the exceptionally rapey scene. Everything was ridiculous to me: the dialogue, the acting, the dialogue and the acting. After the movie ended, I turned to my friend and said, "that was really bad, right? Like one of those 'so bad it's good' movies?" He laughed and said, "no. You're just upset about the rapey scene, right? Yea, that's bad, but you shouldn't let that stop you from enjoying the film overall."

And then I googled it, and apparently everyone likes this movie, so I must have missed something, but I don't know what. It's a bad movie, right?

• Like 13

The Tibetan monks probably helped give it away too, also because of the fact that I told you where I was going earlier.

I mean all the snapchats from Thailand were a giveaway, too.

• Like 5

Oh are you like really into architecture and transportation? is that like kind of a theme in your life?

Wow, Kev. You're right. I'd never noticed that before. Shit, dude. Thanks. Things are a lot clearer now.

• Like 7

My favorite part of Blade Runner was when they carried their bobsled across the finish line and the mean german guys started clapping for them, and then Malik Yoba was like I see PRIDE I see POWAH and John Candy was still alive.

Edit: I don't remember the rape scene.

• Like 14

Hey silver lady do you want to go see the star war with me and my parents and my sister and her boyfriend tomorrow

• Like 19

Hey silver lady do you want to go see the star war with me and my parents and my sister and her boyfriend tomorrow

Yes

• Like 20

Great. My house is the one with no windows. If you pass the "Road Ends" sign, you've gone too far. I can bring some 2014 limited edition vintage bud light lime (a good year), or the movie, A Good Year, staring Russel Crowe. Let me know which you'd prefer.

• Like 22

I thought Blade Runner was a really good movie. Intense action scenes and decent gore effects. You just can't go wrong with Wesley Snipes as this leather-clad badass, chopping up vampires with a sword!

• Like 12

blade runner was great imo. a little sad at places but the friendship that grows between billy bob thorton and the boy from 'american gothic' was very nice. also i cracked up every time BBT said "french fried pertaters" haha

• Like 16

I would like to clarify that my "like" on Silvr's Blade Runner post should not be construed as an endorsement of her reprehensible opinion on such a triumphant masterpiece of cinema. It's just that she gave me an incredibly thoughtful and heartwarming Christmas gift so I'm kind of obligated to like all of her posts now.

Actually, you know what? It is becoming increasingly evident to me as I think about all of this that Silvr only gave me a collection of items that surely took quite an amount of time and mental labor to come up with and subsequently obtain (along with a card so thoughtful and kind it made me cry) so that she could make a post slandering one of my favorite films of all time and I would be forced to "like" it.

In fact, it is now clear to me that what I thought was a deep and influential friendship built on sincerity and mutual admiration was just an elaborate con by Silvr to humiliate me in front of all my forums heroes. I can't believe I actually became a better, kinder person who now actively tries to see the best in others instead of instinctively mistrusting everyone's motives due to her influence. That's egg on my face. Which is doubly bad for me because I don't partake of animal products.

It breaks my heart to have to bid this (apparently false) friendship a permanent good bye after all the (apparently false) inspiration and reassurance it has given me. But I must protect myself against soulless manipulators like Silvrwoman who will prey on my sensitive, loving nature just for kicks. And so I leave you all with this final monologue:

Silvr and I, we've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Incredible, ground-breaking forums posts off the shoulder of Orion. We created fake podcast pilots together in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

• Like 9

The original Star Wars really fucking holds up, great movie guys. I've also never seen Blade Runner

• Like 4

up until about a week ago, I thought that thing's name was really Ball Droid. I got duped by PFT and Scott Anchorman.

• Like 11

A few years ago when I was still a young lad I was in an english course with a couple of reprehensible Swiss people who, I discovered, had never seen the Godfather.

This made me really angry. I mean let's go to the matresses and all that -kind of mad, you know meg ryan in you've got mail when she discovers about the chain store level mad. I thought I despised these people and all people who hadn't seen the godfather.

But now I'm a bit older and wiser I realise it's not that I hate people who haven't seen a particular piece of pop culture, it's that I hate the Swiss with an intense and burning hatred.

hate people for their nationality is what i'm saying

• Like 11

up until about a week ago, I thought that thing's name was really Ball Droid. I got duped by PFT and Scott Anchorman.

It's called BB8 because that's 3 balls sitting on top of 3 other balls, much like the droid itself.

• Like 7

A few years ago when I was still a young lad I was in an english course with a couple of reprehensible Swiss people who, I discovered, had never seen the Godfather.

This made me really angry. I mean let's go to the matresses and all that -kind of mad, you know meg ryan in you've got mail when she discovers about the chain store level mad. I thought I despised these people and all people who hadn't seen the godfather.

But now I'm a bit older and wiser I realise it's not that I hate people who haven't seen a particular piece of pop culture, it's that I hate the Swiss with an intense and burning hatred.

hate people for their nationality is what i'm saying

But not that Swiss Miss though, right fellas? Rowr!

c44f4f331ea9720850fe8cf4535ad9ab.png

• Like 9

The holes are the best parts, both in cheese and in women

• Like 4

smdh, you are forgetting about the four best parts of a woman: her boobs (x2), her butt (not the hole, perv!), and her MIND!

• Like 9