🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
NameThatPunky

BEST OF 2015 VOTING

Seems to be some confusion on this so I'm making a thread.

THIS THREAD IS NOT TO VOTE FOR EPISODES

The poll for voting for the top episodes of 2015 is on the CBB main show page:

http://www.earwolf.com/show/comedy-bang-bang/

There is a large poll on the right with all the choices. You can select multiple (I'm not sure how many, 10?) and submit.

The comments on the poll page are pretty amazing. Not sure if he's on here, but one guy REEEEALLLLY hates Michael Ableson from the Be My Guest, Literally! episode. With unintentionally hilarious results

https://polldaddy.com/poll/9199328/?view=results

my top ten were:

1 338 – Be My Guest, Literally!

2 335 – The Wedding of Gilly and Garry

3 349 – The 6th Anniversary Show

4 351 –CBB: The Movie

5 377 –Good Night in the Morning

6 348 –Is Y’all My Daddy?

7 356 – Hey Nong Man

8 374 –Tick Tock Clawk

9 375 – Wompler’s REAL 17th B-Day Womptacular

10 329 – Too Much Tuna Tour

• Like 4

that guy is really bizarre. Michael Abelson must have personally screwed him over in some way.

• Like 2

Yeah, I was creeped out by White Privilege Comments Guy too. On behalf of white English men who like podcasts and donating to kickstarter funds, can I say we don't have a evil hidden agenda, we just like great French actors and listening to Santa swear.

• Like 3

Anyway, I voted for:

Ep #323 - Pie Quiz with Tears for Fears (Tears for Fears, Reggie Watts & Paul F. Tompkins)

Ep #338 - Be My Guest, Literally! (Michael Ableson, Paul F. Tompkins, Lauren Lapkus & Andy Daly)

Ep #342 - A Silicon Valley P-Cast (Thomas Middleditch, Kumail Nanjiani, Martin Starr & Paul F. Tompkins)

Ep #349 - The 6th Anniversary Show! (Paul F. Tompkins, Lauren Lapkus, Thomas Middleditch, Neil Campbell, Mike Hanford, Joe Wengert, Paul Scheer & Erin Whitehead)

Ep #355 - Kid Detectives (Lauren Lapkus, Thomas Middleditch)

Ep #356 - Heynong Man (Jason Mantzoukas, Paul F. Tompkins)

Ep #357 - Modern Anti-Comedy (Natasha Leggero, Jeremy Konner, Brendon Small & Betsy Sodaro)

Ep #374 - Tick Tock Clawk (Neil Campbell, Paul Rust & Fran Gillespie)

Ep #375 - Wompler's REAL 17th B-Day Womptacular (Jessica St. Clair, Lennon Parham, Brian Huskey, Seth Morris, Lauren Lapkus & Jason Mantzoukas)

Ep #383 - Return to Suicide House Part Boo (Brett Gelman, Jon Daly, Nick Wiger, Paul Rust & Caroline Anderson)

Haha I just finally voted officially and after reading a few comments near the top I had to do a quick Ctrl+F to study that master's course in psychosis

I admit that early on in the be my guest episode I was a little annoyed at the guy, mostly over jealousy, but he wasnt much of a detraction and the episode was great. The guy even goes into how he feels that CBB has too many white people, but beyond that he hates them because he feels he knows that they grew up priveleged, and acts as though Abelson was gifted a path to being a stock broker... even people with a silver spoon have to put in the work, not get addicted to drugs, and not grow up an asshole.

anyways, I agree that people should go read that stuff, my votes were:

Bang! Bang! Into Your Mouth

Too Much Tuna Tour

A Silicon Valley P-Cast

Solo Bolo: Dos Lo

Heynong Man

TofuPeople

Bongo vs Bongos

Kitchen Stand-Up

then I had like 10 left on my list but only 2 spots left, went with

Romantic Tommy D

Wompler's REAL 17th Bday

• Like 2

My Top 10 (in numerical order):

1. Ep. 329 Too Much Tuna Tour

2. Ep. 335 The Marriage of Gilli & Gary

3. Ep. 336 NOT Farts & Procreation 4

4. Ep. 338 Be My Guest,Literally

5. Ep. 349 6th Anniversary Show

6. Ep. 354 Solo Bolo: Dos Lo

7. Ep. 356 Heynong Man

8 Ep. 375 Wompler 17th Birthday Womptacular

9. Ep. 377 Goodnight & Good Morning

10. Ep. 378 Mailer Daemon

Seriously,some brilliant shows that had me in stitches....

my faves:

#323 - pie quiz w/tears for fears

#324 - golden duchess cruise lines

#327 - bang bang into your mouth

#338 - be my guest, literally

#342 - a silicon valley p-cast

#355 - kid detectives

#362 - romantig

#373 - vocal fry

#377 - good night in the morning

#378 - mailer daemon

thomas middleditch was the MVP of the year i think

• Like 1

Mailer Daemon

Be My Guest, Literally

CBB: The Movie

Tick Tock Clawk

Most Multiple Personalities

Bongo vs. Bongos

Heynong Man

Freddy Mercury To Me

6th Anniversary

• Like 1

The comments on the poll page are pretty amazing. Not sure if he's on here, but one guy REEEEALLLLY hates Michael Ableson from the Be My Guest, Literally! episode. With unintentionally hilarious results

A small part of me just wants them to only choose Be My Guest, Literally as the Best Of so that that dude has an aneurysm.

Anyway, I voted for (in no particular order):

Be My Guest, Literally

Heynong Man

Golden Duchess Cruise Lines

Too Much Tuna Tour

Is Y'all My Daddy?

RomanTig

The Brochelor (solely because "What Matt Gourley say?" cracks me up every time)

Wompler's REAL 17th B-Day Womptacular

NOT Farts and Procreation 4

• Like 2

Things have really escalated with the anti-Michael Abelson guy

• Like 1

I like that the first time he says someone should be taken to court it is for using his name to say that he liked a podcast that he did not in fact like

• Like 2

Things have really escalated with the anti-Michael Abelson guy

Thanks for that, I thought the insanity had died down but man... that guy has a loose grip on reality

• Like 2

Well, everyone in this thread is clearly just another account created by Michael Abelson as part of his elaborate ruse to game the CBB Best Of system.

• Like 3

Do we thing Scotty and PFT will acknowledge Alexander Campbell when "BMG,L" gets it's Top 5 placing in the Best Ofs?

Maybe that's his ruse all along?

It has to be a bit right? I mean he actually says Michael Abelson needs to get some self-awareness.

I refuse to believe this is an actual person

• Like 2

It has to be a bit right? I mean he actually says Michael Abelson needs to get some self-awareness.

I refuse to believe this is an actual person

If this is a bit, it's genius. Unfortunately, I don't think it is. Which means this guy is an actual real person that exists, and is a fan of the same podcast as you

• Like 1

he needs a little more self-awareness how he comes across. Maybe, he should listen to the episode with fresh ears

is the best thing I've read!

I pray to every single baby jesus that BMG,L is top 5, just to see what essay he spews out next. It's made my Christmas!

I forget where exactly it fit in, but I recall Scott making some off the cuff remark to PFT about rich white guys... that had to be a reference to he who we are all talking about, right?

I have found the lions den, and yes I am real. I have written an explanation - an understanding of what makes me tick. You have a choice - make fun of it or understand it. I kept going over the character limit - so my last "bizarre ramblings" have to be posted in three parts.

https://polldaddy.com/poll/9199328/?msg=commentAdd#comment2432768

I did my best to approach this tricky grey area which I created for myself with grace, love, and humor. You probably still think I am crazy - so be it - but least you can understand me better.

I have found the lions den, and yes I am real. I have written an explanation - an understanding of what makes me tick. You have a choice - make fun of it or understand it.

Literally no one fucking cares. Good day to you.

• Like 3

I have found the lions den, and yes I am real. I have written an explanation - an understanding of what makes me tick. You have a choice - make fun of it or understand it. I kept going over the character limit - so my last "bizarre ramblings" have to be posted in three parts.

Please keep this discussion where it belongs: in the comments of a polling page where listeners of a comedy podcast are voting on their favorite episodes.

• Like 3