🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 262 — Shamp and Cond

Howard, Kulap, and Stard are reunited! We'll hear all about Howard's new weapons to fight the clench and see if Kulap can name all of The Beatles as they count down the Top 5 Songs from iTunes. Then, Howard breaks down the main issue he has with Marvel's Jessica Jones during the Top 5 Prime Time Ratings By Viewership for Television Chart. Later, author and podcaster Emily V. Gordon answers chartist questions about her upcoming Judd Apatow-produced film "The Big Sick," her book "Super You: Release Your Inner Superhero," and "The Wiz Live" on NBC.

The first 11 minutes of this episode are Howard at his tip top best. Just incredible stuff.

Let Chi Ply enter the lexicon forever.

Also since they only do the TV Chart every 3 weeks I still crack up at AICH BYOOOGO

• Like 3

I was happy to hear how on board Howard and Ku are with Nathan For You. My favorite show right now.

• Like 2

The beginning of this one felt like old WhoCh, Howie is saying weird stuff and Ku and Stard are enjoying the hell out of it, it was distracting hearing that proof that the show is aired out of order. Does it make a big difference? I feel like it would just make sense to play it in chronological order.

I'm loving the fact that the Earwolf Xmas party is space themed, definitely thinking that its a big conspiracy. Like, they announce that its space themed to be absolutely sure Howard doesn't come, and then they have a surprise that the mmmmmuuusical guest is like the Boss, to really stick it to Howie

• Like 1

Best episode yet with the new format. Howard's Clench-busting is one of my favorite recurring topics. I was initially wondering why "Shamp and Cond" was the title rather than "Chi Pli", but it paid off later on. Also, "control through the penis".

• Like 1

The beginning of this one felt like old WhoCh, Howie is saying weird stuff and Ku and Stard are enjoying the hell out of it, it was distracting hearing that proof that the show is aired out of order. Does it make a big difference? I feel like it would just make sense to play it in chronological order.

This doesn't mean it's out of order at all. Ku and Stard weren't on last week when he first brought up the Chi Ply. This was the first they were hearing about it, not to mention seeing it in action.

This doesn't mean it's out of order at all. Ku and Stard weren't on last week when he first brought up the Chi Ply. This was the first they were hearing about it, not to mention seeing it in action.

No I meant the topic of "The Wiz", I believe in the early goings someone mentioned it and the other one was like "well we already talked about it", and then when Emily was on they talked about it briefly with her. I may be remembering it wrong but that was the topic that revealed it to me, not the ChiPli, I remember that talk from last week because it made me cringe like a motherfucker since I've had severe achilles tendinitis before

No I meant the topic of "The Wiz", I believe in the early goings someone mentioned it and the other one was like "well we already talked about it", and then when Emily was on they talked about it briefly with her. I may be remembering it wrong but that was the topic that revealed it to me, not the ChiPli, I remember that talk from last week because it made me cringe like a motherfucker since I've had severe achilles tendinitis before

Oh ok, "aired out of order" made me think the airing of episodes, not segments. I get what you mean, but it's probably best to stick with the Wie chart/Ku chart/guest chart format, if that's what they want.

I'm still on team "guest should be there the whole time" though.

• Like 1

Oh ok, "aired out of order" made me think the airing of episodes, not segments. I get what you mean, but it's probably best to stick with the Wie chart/Ku chart/guest chart format, if that's what they want.

I'm still on team "guest should be there the whole time" though.

yeah me too, and I hope there will be guests that will be there the whole time. For instance, if they have on a Scotty Too Hottie, a Mantzoukas, or really anyone that they are good friends with and have a rapport with, as long as the guest has the time, they should sit in. It only makes it more enjoyable for the majority of chartists I'd guess

this episode felt a lot more organic than some of their recent ones. case in point, when howard mentioned that he'd brought up his hair care products a few weeks ago & nobody believed him, i think it's because it was from an episode that i found very "scripted". it was from the early stages of the new format, i think with stephanie allynne, & they were talking about skin care or something... it felt like they were reading copy of a paid advertising section or told to wedge in an impromptu ad, & they seemed to even acknowledge through the 4th wall how awkward it was.

anyway, i'm probably botching the details or it mighta been a completely different episode, but i think i even commented on how weird the new direction of the podcast was, & if Ku/Stard didn't remember the recent convo that served as the seed for Shamp and Cond, i bet that's why.

Randy Denton also sends food gifts to Pistol Shrimps Radio ... Randy's sleeping around with all the podcasts!!
. Howard's my guy, but why not spread the joy?