🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
TimWilloughby

Mean Guns (1997)

This film is straight up bonkers. Ice T lures 100 criminals who have betrayed the criminal syndicate he works for to a newly built prison where they have to kill or be killed. The last three alive walk away with 10 million dollars, while the rest don't walk away at all.

With Christopher Lambert being his usual special brand of crazy and weird, and one of the most unusual choices of soundtracks around (seriously... samba music?), Mean Guns is not one to be missed!

• Like 2

Pretty sure this has been recommended before but I agree it would be an amazing movie for the show.

I saw this in a video store when I was 10, I remember thinking that was the worst movie title I'd ever heard. I still stand by this.

• Like 1

I was able to get this movie in a four pack with Black Mask, War, and The Limey. I remember seeing it on HBO and just being transfixed by how off the wall it was that by the time I realized it, the movie had finished. Such an insane premise that it would almost be more suited as a comic book.

• Like 1

I was able to get this movie in a four pack with Black Mask, War, and The Limey.

I know four-packs often feel like a way to clear out old DVD inventory, but seriously, "The Limey" doesn't seem like it belongs in the same universe as those other movies.

• Like 1

I know four-packs often feel like a way to clear out old DVD inventory, but seriously, "The Limey" doesn't seem like it belongs in the same universe as those other movies.

I've got a double four pack named HEAT ON THE STREET that's trying to be a collection of 90's exploitation films but there's some real curveballs in there (also note, I haven't seen most of these since I'm too lazy to get a good dvd player and the ps2 makes noise like a vacuum):

In Too Deep (1999)

Malevolent (2002) <- I mostly got this because this is one of those random crap films my dad inexplicably likes

ICE (1994)

Glass Shield (1994) <-I thought this was something else, looked up on imdb before, and was blown away at the bitchy/crazy reviews people have left for this, and that attack each other.

————————————

A Rage In Harlem (1991)

Road Ends (1997)

License To Kill (1984) <- As seen on Denzel Washington Is The Greatest Actor, Period and yes, it's basically an afterschool special with a lack of Denzel. Also it's go the biggest poster on the box, prominently displaying Denzel in front of a burning car wreck like he just went Man On Fire on some punks which just really sets this film up for disappointment

Cry, The Beloved Country (1995) <- now this one is the one that cracks me up the most because it's Oscar bait about apartheid and while there is a pretty brutal jail scene it's just mostly talking. I could totally see this being assigned in school.

• Like 1

Easily my favorite bad movie of my childhood. Just bought this on DVD for my brother so he can relive Christopher Lambert miscast and out of place with the 98 extras cast as villains and Ice-T at the height of his popularity. So much terrible dialogue and cheesy acting capped off with amazing amounts of gratuitous violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHPxxXTTGBk