🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 217 — A i4h Christmas Carol

What's the history with the "Yo That's Racist" guy?

All I know of is episode #85.5 of i4h is called "yo is yo is this racist racist?" because yo is this racist had this dumb guest on who said the racist stereotypes in sitcoms aren't the fault of the writers (who she is friends with) but because dumb people in places like Arkansas and Chicago gobble it up. And the host didn't call her out on her logic. Besser wasn't impressed.

I didn't discover that episode until recently but it's a real gooder. It can be easy to miss the bonus episodes sometimes unfortunately.

• Like 3

So much great stuff in this one:

"Well, I hate shitty punk bands!"

"Fat Irish guy"

"I bet there's a parking spot full of Kulap socks out there!"

The Captain Pike cyborg debate.

"Did you see...CODY was in the news today?!"

"Could you do it fatter?"

"Sean and Hayes' irreverent humor is right in my wheelhouse."

"Armen, the Ghost of Future Past"

"It's laminated!"

"Here Lies Matt Besser: Teacher, Performer, Curmudgeon. Woo Pig Sooie"

"It's me...but I'm a squirrel now!"

I4H really is the best podcast in the universe.

• Like 10

Holy craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. So incredibly good. I want to know what name was bleeped out!

(In all seriousness, I love that Sean and Hayes, and now this show, have been openly making fun of the whole Scripps thing.)

• Like 1

All I know of is episode #85.5 of i4h is called "yo is yo is this racist racist?" because yo is this racist had this dumb guest on who said the racist stereotypes in sitcoms aren't the fault of the writers (who she is friends with) but because dumb people in places like Arkansas and Chicago gobble it up. And the host didn't call her out on her logic. Besser wasn't impressed.

I didn't discover that episode until recently but it's a real gooder. It can be easy to miss the bonus episodes sometimes unfortunately.

LOL, the funny thing is that Besser never said Arkansas isn't racist (surprise, it is), he's just mad that it was pinpointed in the program.

And to someone like Besser and his fans, being called racist is WAY more important than actually having racist shit happen to you.

Such is life.

I have trouble reading social cues sometimes, but did it seem to anyone else like Besser was in kind of a bad mood during this episode?

• Like 3

It's not good to laugh this much with the massive cough I've got

I have trouble reading social cues sometimes, but did it seem to anyone else like Besser was in kind of a bad mood during this episode?

Did you hear the whiplash ep? It's basically the same 'Besser' character. Thinly veiled? Sure. But it's a character.

Also, Ele Woods, please do get Chuck D or The Dead Weather* on I4H, they would be incredible

*or at least just Alison Mosshart, my favorite current rock star

Listening to it right now and yeah, Yo Is This Racist were totally racist on this one

Did you hear the whiplash ep? It's basically the same 'Besser' character. Thinly veiled? Sure. But it's a character.

Ya just been had there, saddlebags.

• Like 1

More of theses episodes. This one even tops the whiplash episode.

Anyone know if the "Yo Is This Racist?" guy has responded to Matt's jabs?

I tend to agree though. I've flipped through a couple of the episodes, and IMO the whole show minimizes what racism actually is, which is an unfortunate trend these days. When you make every little non-malicious "micro-aggression" racism, then it really minimizes actual racism. A whole show about it is just obtuse. I feel like the only people listening to it are hyper-sensitive folk who just want their "woe is me the world is always holding me down" attitude to be validated. It's unhealthy and a little delusional.

Racism is a very serious, and very real thing. When you have to spend an hour dissecting whether or not some benign bullshit is "racist", that benign bullshit probably isn't racist. Stop lumping actual racists in with everyday people who aren't actually prejudice.

• Like 4

Excellent episode, I love what Matt and the crew are doing creatively with this podcast.

And thought Brett's improv skills were great, "okay I'm coming over, fuck him"

• Like 3

Brett, if you're reading this you are the unsung hero of podcasting.

"He is LITERALLY my subordinate."

"I'm just finishing up this robot voice thing..."

"Alright, I'm coming over, fuck him he's dead."

• Like 9

*woosh*

• Like 1