🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 281 — Temporary WCW Champion: David Arquette

Fresh off his Chicago production of Sherlock Holmes, David Arquette visits the calming shores of Sklarbro Country! David joins Randy & Jason to talk about getting to know each other by playing golf together along with the Sklars' mother, how portraying deputy sheriff Dewey Riley differently than he was written saved the character from dying in Scream, his time with Courteney Cox at the height of Friends, and being in the studio audience for Happy Days multiple times as a child. Later, David tells us about becoming a one-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion during Quick Hits. Plus, Tiger Woods is in-studio to discuss his crazy year and what he means by hanging it up.

Good stuff. I can't believe you guys didn't know about the WCW champion thing, but it made it that much better when he mentioned it. I wish he would have explained it a little more, because it must have been baffling for anyone who didn't know the background. (OK, it's baffling anyway, but still.)

• Like 1

When they were talking about Sherlock Holmes and Dracula, I thought at one point that David was about to mention a book I read years ago called "The Holmes-Dracula File", by Fred Saberhagen, in which Sherlock Holmes actually teams up with Dracula to solve a greater mystery threatening London. I remember it being a pretty good take on the vampire mythos, and a good book overall. I got excited thinking someone else remembered that book, but alas he was just talking about something with Jack the Ripper.

Sign in to follow this