🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 38 - Beautiful, Fancy Apartment in NYC

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes each AND every one of you, including anyone who plays any kind of organized sport, back to SPONTANEANATION! This week, Paul’s special guest is Lauren Lapkus of Orange Is the New Black, Clipped, and With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus! They chat about what sent Lauren to the hospital most recently, grounds for leaving a dentist, and what types of showbiz people still smoke. Paul is then joined by Tim Batt and Guy Montgomery of The Worst Idea Of All Time Podcast to improvise a story set in a Beautiful, Fancy Apartment in NYC. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

LIVE episodes of SPONTANEANATION return to Largo on The Coronet on Saturday, February 6, 2016! Get your tickets now: bit.ly/SPONT0216

I should've known Paul was just being a trickster with that Tweet! Between this and the CBB Holiday Spectacular, today is a Christmas miracle.

• Like 2

After Paul's tweet last week, I was really hoping LL would be on the show this week. And, of course, she is. And they're both on CBB. And there's a new HDTGM. It was a real conundrum figuring out what to listen to on the way to work.

Last update failed 12/14/2015 - 08:15

At line 31, column 46: undefined entity

hmmm... bummer.

I had the same problem with the third-party app I use (Podcast Addict), so I had to listen to it on the Howl app.

Just gonna hop on the Laupkus train of pretzels in frosting - also, quite similarly, Ritz crackers.

That is all.

I knew exactly what Lapkus was talking about - I think I am the only person that did. MCWOrLLLLDDD.

• Like 2

I knew exactly what Lapkus was talking about - I think I am the only person that did. MCWOrLLLLDDD.

I vaguely remembered them. Then i spent an hour on YouTube hatewatching a bunch of them.

Here's probably the most 90s thing ever:

• Like 4

The entire existence of humanity has culminated in the multiple team-ups of Paul F. Tompkins and Lauren Lapkus. We can reach no higher.

• Like 1

Of the 486 times I've listened to Lauren Lapkus on a podcast, I think this is the first time I've ever heard her not as a character. And you know what? She's great!

• Like 3

Of the 486 times I've listened to Lauren Lapkus on a podcast, I think this is the first time I've ever heard her not as a character. And you know what? She's great!

It's funny how her characters bleed through, though. At one point early in the interview, she says the word "naughty" exactly like Ho Ho (Ho Ho!), and I wondered if she's even able to say it any other way now.

• Like 4

Eban's piano work (and Paul's reaction) when they talk about the infamous LA Podfest stage tumble may be my favourite thing he's ever done. Genius stuff.

I hope they never stop talking about it and continue to bring up Andy Daly's reaction to said fall. (RUN AWAY!)

• Like 3

Listen to the CBB she did with Middleditch back in June, great ep

3.5 hours of Lauren and Paul podcasts in one day? The Earwolf gods look fondly upon us this day!

I love Lauren, she was great in this episode and of course she sent things off the rails!

• Like 2

Technicality no down beef over?

Technicality no down beef no longer happening.

• Like 2

Great episode, of course. I wonder if this sets a new record for least amount of time spent in the titular setting.

• Like 4

Fantastic episode. My favorite part - despite it all being phenomenal - was the pre-improv introduction of the guests. The frosting debate will go down in history as the funniest thing to have ever happened on a podcast.

Oh my god that frosting conversation was amazing. Everybody went from zero to completely losing their minds over the trivialest of points in a matter of seconds and it was hilarious! Especially "Now I'm worried I accidentally don't know what frosting is." Accidentally?

• Like 2

Does this episode set the record for the greatest number of scene transitions? Because shit was getting pretty crazy there for a moment.