🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 125 - Steel: LIVE!

Finn was a little odd in that he didn't really seem to fit his own backstory, like he was a bit too comedic for someone in the situation he was in. Small gripe though. Another small gripe that isn't really a spoiler, but does anyone else feel that a certain someone was a bit over the top in their facial acting? Not "Over The Top" over the top, but maybe a little theatrical.

I honestly don't know who you're talking about but your breakdown of Finn is spot on, especially after his scenes with Cap. Phasma.

• Like 1

The other "WTF, is this really directed by the same guy who made V?" movie is on: Short Circuit 2.

Does anyone know how Kenneth Johnson's film career wound up so much less impressive than his TV work?

Ironically, Short Circuit 1 has an opening very similar to that of Steel, with military hardware being demonstrated to a female senator. But then Johnson entirely ignores the military plotline in the sequel.

It was so amazing. The only people I've heard that have felt differently are those that either A) thought the prequels just "really get a bad wrap even though they're actually good movies" or B) are just naturally contrarian about anything most people like.

How old is your son? Never mind. Doesn't matter. You're never too young to watch Star Wars. Take him!

I just saw it for a second time last night and am still head over heels in love with it!!! Completely shattered any reserves I had! I took my mom to see it and she is an actual OG Star Wars fan (literally saw all three of the originals on opening day back when they came out and still has a scrapbook of all the stuff she accumulated over the years that she made when she was 13) and she really liked it but thought

that it was just a little too much like A New Hope for her taste. She said that by the 5th homage to the originals she kinda had to roll her eyes, but that didn't completely take her out of the film or make her dislike it.

Also by Cameron's age statement I would say waiting probably is a good idea. There was a kid in my theater yesterday who didn't look any older than 4 and she was completely distracted until she just flat out fell asleep lol.

Also by Cameron's age statement I would say waiting probably is a good idea. There was a kid in my theater yesterday who didn't look any older than 4 and she was completely distracted until she just flat out fell asleep lol.

SHE FELL ASLEEP?!?!?!

SHUN THAT CHILD FROM THE COMMUNITY!!!!

• Like 3

SHE FELL ASLEEP?!?!?!

SHUN THAT CHILD FROM THE COMMUNITY!!!!

Is there a statute of limitations on putting your child up for adoption?

• Like 3

Is there a statute of limitations on putting your child up for adoption?

I think there are some states that still don't have an age cap on their Safe Haven laws regarding dropping your kid off at a fire station free and clear.

• Like 1

I think there are some states that still don't have an age cap on their Safe Haven laws regarding dropping your kid off at a fire station free and clear.

That sounds like something my parents would have told me. When I was 25.

• Like 1

That sounds like something my parents would have told me. When I was 25.

Yeah it was a few years back where Nebraska or some similar state didn't explicitly state a deadline for dropping off your kids so parents were driving in as far as other states to give up their kids, some as old as 12.

• Like 2

Hey Everyone

Just a quick update about GRAMMAR-GATE!

Yes, we realized there was a grammar error. Unfortunately we didn't realize it until after the 8PM on Saturday night. All of us missed it at first, Jason, June, The Designer, The T-Shirt Printer, 2 Interns and Me.

In between shows I started to get a plan in motion to swap out the shirts for the correct version. I spent most of the day on set trying to make it right. Thankfully the way we are producing these shirts is on a produced by order basis. So it's not like we are stuck with a room full of misprinted T's. Our designer fixed the image. Then we held all the orders, replaced the shirts, and now we taking the orders off hold. It looks like it's all good for orders that were made yesterday.

So everyone that ordered will be getting the shirt with the correct Grammar (except 1 person). His/Her shirt was processed before we were able to catch it. So he/she has the rare misprint.

Thanks to everyone for being cool about this error. Apparently we only recieved 2 emails about it. Which I'm relieved about. Thanks for your patience.

We wanted to do something special for all of you that listen to the show- so this has really been a labor of love on our part setting up this shop learning about Printful and Big Cartel and putting this all together in our spare time. I think we make like .88 cents per shirt, so just know thins't about $$ we just wanted to make it because we thought it was fun and I love the design too.

I know there was hesitation here on the board about buying it with the incorrect grammar. So I'm here to assure you it's fixed.

So buy away

howdidthisgetmade.bigcartel.com

Thanks again, you are all the best listeners in the podcast world.

-Paul

(I'm sure their are Grammar mistakes in this email and I'm okay with it)

So one person gets a grammargate T shirt! The lucky bastard, what a collector's item

Hi, I know this episode is already old and this comment is probably a no-brainer, but the novelization of Steel does feature John Henry kissing Sparky in the final scene. Twice. And novelizations are typically based on the screenplay.

• Like 1