🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 281.5 — SKLARBRO COUNTY 186

Podcasting legend and @midnight writer Jordan Morris of Jordan, Jesse, Go! stops by to talk about the amount of jokes that don't end up airing on @midnight, a story of Kardashian shame, and watching Pulp Fiction with his parents. Then, Daniel Van Kirk brings us stories that include a Constable using duct tape during an arrest in Marlin, the Budweiser Brewery getting an unwelcome visit from a man with a memorable name, and an Alabama man being sentenced to three years in prison after being accused of assaulting two men with a nail-spiked piece of lumber over an argument over a certain food. Plus, we check in with Robert Durst to hear what his plans are for the holidays.

It'sbeenawhile!

"I feel like you can get deputized in Florida if you have a shovel and a fanboat." And a Bearcat scanner?

• Like 2

Your Florida tale triggered a flashback of sorts.

The wife and I were driving down to Key West, and part of the trip is on Alligator Alley. Along that stretch we had to stop at a convenience store which had a large plywood sign (6'x6' or larger) with the hand painted words "NO MUD", posted next to the front door.

Ok, a quick self check revealed we were free-and-clear of having any mud on us. Or was the sign trying to tell us that the store was suddenly out of it's supply of mud? Unlikely.

The more likely answer is that there is a population of people in Florida for whom mud is a fact. An ever present component in their lives. These people in need of a snappy new pack of generic cigarettes & a twelve pack of Busch beer have to travel to a mud friendly convenience store. I never saw the mud people, but I fear them. I think we all do.

NO

MUD

• Like 1

That truly is the 2nd worse "Holiday" song ever, next to "Simply having a wonderful Christmastime". So Whoopdie-doo, and Hickory Dock, you probably should get off Dan's Jock! (The only redeeming factor of it is how easy it was to make cock-based new versions of it while living through retail hell)

Sign in to follow this