🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 39 - Freeport, Illinois

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes everyone to unwrap the Christmas gift of a new SPONTANEANATION! This week, Paul's special guest is Ravi Patel of Grandfathered and Meet the Patels! They chat about Ravi's secret girlfriend, what's going on with Mario Lopez, and the difficulty of taking compliments. Paul is then joined by Janet Varney, Chris Tallman, and Jean Villepique to improvise a story set in Freeport, Illinois. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

LIVE episodes of SPONTANEANATION return to Largo on The Coronet on Saturday, February 6, 2016! Get your tickets now: bit.ly/SPONT0216

PFT's EPISODE NOTES

- Now it MUST be told: Andy Daly could not assist when I fell off the stage because he had a glass of soda in one hand and the rest of the soda in a bottle in his other hand. So he got out of the way lest anything spill on himself or anyone else, and made a bit out of it by "running away." Andy is a good guy!

PFT's EPISODE NOTES

... Andy is a good guy!

Anyone who can create Don Dimello out of nothing clearly has a mark- small maybe but unmistakable- of pure and true evil on his soul. Still, he's super funny so he gets a pass.

• Like 2

I was just thinking the other day that it's been too long since Tallman made an appearance and informed us which nerdy movies were coming out in his future which is our present! It's a Christmas miracle!

Great episode!

• Like 2

I was excited to see the documentary Ravi Patel made, but this interview diminished it a bit. Not my favorite guy.

But super glad to have Mr. Tallman on another episode, hilarious.

• Like 2

This episode features a really classic story arc! I luuuv it! Probably one of the more concise and well formed improv I've heard on Spontaneanation!

Please never let this show stop! Mondays would be 100% grade A BS if it weren't for this show!

• Like 2

I was just thinking the other day that it's been too long since Tallman made an appearance and informed us which nerdy movies were coming out in his future which is our present! It's a Christmas miracle!

Great episode!

I had never heard the story about the improvised masks in the cantina scene, so his appearance was educational AND entertaining! Also, "Crystal Man" was a perfect Gil-and-Georgesque mispronunciation.

• Like 2

I love when Paul and Janet get to have a lot of scenes together and be sort of co-protagonists, like this one or Oil Change Place or Wine Tasting, they're a great team! The drunkenness killed me!

• Like 2

I was excited to see the documentary Ravi Patel made, but this interview diminished it a bit. Not my favorite guy.

But super glad to have Mr. Tallman on another episode, hilarious.

Why?! I loved his honesty and self-awareness, and he just seems funny

• Like 2

I really need to resist the urge to listen to this show at work, where I keep having to pause it when I have a customer. I get so fucking lost, and usually have no clue what's going on when I unpause. Ugh.

I was thinking the same thing. The documentary sounds interesting. I watched the trailer during Ronna and Beverly's show. But Ravi comes off as a bit of a douchebag, IMO. He has kind of a Jay Mohr vibe. He thinks he's a lot more charming than he actually is.

• Like 1

I was just delighted to hear both of Spontaneanation's JVs perform together again.

I didn't get to see It's a Wonderful Life this Christmas, but I relistened to this episode and that's just as good.

A safely started position that I wholeheartedly agree with

Sign in to follow this