🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

EPISODE 114 — The Secret Story of the Missing Episode

I was so pleased to hear the return of my favorite Earwolf podcast. And the Vinnie Jones ad read was absolutely brilliant. It's all just so wonderful! Thanks, Hayes, Sean and Tom.

• Like 15

I was so pleased to hear the return of my favorite Earwolf podcast. And the Vinnie Jones ad read was absolutely brilliant. It's all just so wonderful! Thanks, Hayes, Sean and Tom.

WAY too genuine, let's tone it down a little

• Like 18

how do you not go with "Wheedz-the Centric'Entertainer"?

Good call. That was too many characters, so I had to tighten it. Thanks for the punch-up, friend.

• Like 3

I'm posting FROM THE SKY in an AIRPLANE and also I'm INCREDIBLY DRUNK. Technology is amazing!!!!!!! What's UP guys?

Here is a fun game you can play if you are incredibly drunk on an airplane!! I didn't make it up, one of my friends did and i don't remember which one, sorry!! It's a game where you make up catchphrases for the Hulk. It's fun. Here are some I came up with just now: (the flight attendant is sitting RIGHT next to me and can probably read this. Sup, girl? You cute, just sayin:]

"The name Hulk. Incredible Hulk."

"Hell yeah, brother."

(To the tune of Love Shack) "Hulk smash! Baby, Hulk smash!"

"Hulk her? I hardly know her!"

"Hulk on, Wayne"

"What up what up?"

EDIT: I am now sober and on the ground and I do not regret this post even a little so don't ask me if I do cause I DON'T.

• Like 16

I am currently not drunk at all at work and REALLY wishing the person I share an office with would leave so I could put Baileys in my coffee and at least try to get partway there.

T

H

E

H

U

L

K

(did I do it right? I don't know about comics even though comics is cool now so REALLY I'm the real nerd here and therefore the real cool one.)

(literally don't know how to make an acrostic, sorry mom, sorry dad, sorry college)

Edited by lizzy
  • Like 8

Here is a caterpillar from my yard. It's the caterpillar of the gulf fritillary butterfly, and you're lucky that we don't have winter anymore because otherwise I wouldn't be able to find such a good insect on Dec 23rd.

6RYqq3t.jpg

Here's another - same species, younger stage.

k6z6RVA.jpg

I tried to get the dogs' noses, but they wouldn't hold still.

UqPO8FD.jpg

I'll post a photo of one of my butt flakes later. I've chosen a good one, but I'm still waiting for it to fall off.

Edit: if you want a picture of a specific kind of insect and don't mind a photo of a dead specimen from my collection, I could probably hook you up. I also have quite a few parasitology slides, so if there is a human parasite you'd like to see, let me know.

• Like 22

GOD HELP HULK BE HULK HULK'S DOG THINK HULK AM.

• Like 8

I would like to see the best parasite you have, please.

• Like 14

Hulk.png
  • Like 19

Finally finished the ep and just wanted to welcome Silvrwoman to the pro version club and I wish I could let you bring Ashley in with you but the rules are pretty strict and she can't have a satin jacket

• Like 11

Ok well here is the agent of African sleeping sickness, Trypanosoma brucei gambiense. It's a protozoan, and it is kind of thin and squiggly, surrounded by blood cells. They're very hard to make out, for a couple reasons. First of all, the specimen is probably 60-80 years old, and the staining on the slide has become very faded. Second, I haven't cleaned the lenses of this microscope in a while so the resolution is not great. Third, these little bastards are small as shit (red blood cells are ~0.007mm diameter). If you want to see a better image, then look it up online for yourself! What am I, your personal photomicrographer?

2VQPkeT.jpg

Edit: when I was rescuing old boxes of microscope slides from being thrown away, I foolishly seem to have only grabbed single-celled parasites and not parasitic worms. Those are way more interesting-looking and also easier to photograph because of their size. Life is neverending series of regrets and missed opportunities.

• Like 20

What am I, your personal photomicrographer?

The nerve of you to ask this after the hell you put us through with contract negotiations.

I'm almost of a mind to change my signature sir.

• Like 13

And do we just not talk about the episode at all anymore? Well I liked the part where Hayes said he taught anonymous to throw.

mostly we just talk about sports and bugs on here, from what I understand

• Like 12

Looks like Christmas came early for Ol' Wheez

23848922601_96c5d03623_z.jpg

Thank you so much, Silvr Claus!

I wasn't expecting much in the ways of gifts this Christmas since I'm becoming an old man and I've got a couple little nephews, so this was a delightful surprise.

I promise to keep it nearby as I embark upon another relisten so I can take diligent notes, like a good little scoop trooper.

Merry Happy, everyone!

• Like 16

Hi Everyone-

The Atlantic published their '50 Best Podcast Episodes of 2015'. It seems like they forgot to include Hollywood Handbook. A strange omission from such a prestigious publication. They also forgot to include any Earwolf podcasts. So you can either read this article, or just go look at a list of NPR podcasts, and you'd get the same information.

Just another example of the east coast liberal elite not giving Hollywood Handbook the recognition it deserves

• Like 14

What's the value of the Jake Fogelnest like I got on my other comment?

• Like 10

If it ain't a Hayzie Bone, and it ain't a Clem Dawg, then it ain't shit.

• Like 13

If it ain't a Hayzie Bone, and it ain't a Clem Dawg, then it ain't shit.

It's still part of the collector's pack. That post is now hanging on my fridge with my Jeff Ulrich and my Cody But you're right it's not getting framed like the Hayzie Bone

• Like 6

What's the value of the Jake Fogelnest like I got on my other comment?

Jake has never liked any of my posts but it is probably more to due with the whole Boston/NYC feud that has been going on since forever more than how funny/unfunny I am.

• Like 8