🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

EPISODE 114 — The Secret Story of the Missing Episode

Missing a week... is this even a show anymore?

Yes.

Next Question?

• Like 6

Is it pronounced /ˈhjuːstən/ or /ˈhaʊstən/ ?

Good question - It doesn't have a J or a horseshoe in it. Since a horseshoe is very much not a letter, I think it's the first one. I am named after Sam Houston, first president of Texas and old family friend, so the pronunciation is the same as the city of Houston, Texas. Home of NASA.

• Like 9

How are you doing, buddy?

Fair. Been better, been worse.

• Like 4

Have you heard of the phrase "Houston, we have a problem"?

If so, thoughts?

• Like 5

Have you heard of the phrase "Houston, we have a problem"?

If so, thoughts?

Yes. Many times. It was very briefly funny. Then it wasn't. It did help me cultivate a very insulting brand of sarcasm that was subtle enough to trick simpletons. Powerful enough that I had to either learn when to stop or to never break. Mostly I just wish I was a maverick astronaut in the vein of Mark Watney so I could turn that saying on it's head, "Houston, this is Houston. I AM the problem."

• Like 9

Hey, I don't want to be an be an asshole and brag, so could someone else please tell thejjar that I also got a Fogelnest like?

Since Norm's nice now, maybe he can deliver the news in a really gentle and caring way

• Like 15

Hey guys, this week's new episode was really great. Sorry, I paid them to give it to me and not release it. Soooooo good. Just really great. Really sucks you guys don't get to listen. Damn. Wish I could do something about it...

• Like 11

i applaud sean and hayes for lying low after the death of lemmy. the celebrity death rule of threes is very serious business, because movies is witchcraft, and hiding in a bunker so that the grim reaper can't get to them is the true secret for longevity in hollywood.

no excuse for tom scharpling not to do a solo show, though.

• Like 10

hollywood handbook, you break my heart.

i am padlock's dogs or something, i know. i should be grateful that something this good, that i've grown to love so much, comes to me so regularly, for free.

but what kind of lover am i (i think to myself aloud) when this podcast usually comes to me every tuesday morning, and all of a sudden it stops coming, and as a lover of this podcast, there's nothing i can do to help make it come? that kind of scorn hurts where. . . it hurts.

I guess I'll go back to how my tuesday mornings were before HH, and drink a 40 while watching The Princess Bride, alone.

• Like 9

Chanson the asshole pharmaceutical guy confirmed

...and thats not a mean thing to say if its true.

• Like 10

umm actually the phrase is "Houston, we've had a problem. We've had a main B bus undervolt." but it's often misquoted because of the movie, don't feel bad you didn't know it :P

• Like 11

Chanson the asshole pharmaceutical guy confirmed

I don't like the assumption that you have to work in pharmaceuticals to be an asshole and I feel like the asshole community has had their good name tarnished by this pharmaceutical piece of shit.

fuck your face

Are you asking if you can? Because I don't even know you. I'm flattered, don't get me wrong.

• Like 21

"Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual's conscious life, the blacker and denser it is."

-Carl Jung

I'm worried about Norm.

• Like 11

"Everybody have fun tonight, everybody Carl Jung tonight."

-Carl Jung

• Like 23

Wtf silvr. I got dragged out of bed to receive some singing telegram that got sent to me. I'm happy for you and everything but Jesus the song coulda been way better. It's really a stretch rhyming "Foglenest Files" with "cool and best by miles".

• Like 14

Wtf silvr. I got dragged out of bed to receive some singing telegram that got sent to me. I'm happy for you and everything but Jesus the song coulda been way better. It's really a stretch rhyming "Foglenest Files" with "cool and best by miles".

It had gems like "old fogey sent them runnin" "death to Lena Dunam"?

Anyway Silvr wrote. My version was kinder and didnt have any stuff about 'the three races' or whatever.

• Like 4

I thought the phrase was, Houston this Dwight situation is a real problem. Signing him long term may sink our future, but the void he may leave is equally terrifying. We must carefully consider our options.

• Like 4

I'm excited for that Paul Rust and Gillian Jacobs show

• Like 6