🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 283 — The Music Episode: Sklarbro Mixtape 2015 (Where in the World is Jonah Ray)

It's the time of year where The Sklar Brothers, Matt Price of the Whale Cave, DJ J-Logic, and Nate DiMeo of The Memory Palace podcast pass the chord and share their Top 3 Songs of 2015! Happy Holidays!

2015: The year Jonah Ray was TOO HOLLYWOOD* to pass the cord.

* Busy filming a travel series for Seeso and prepping for MST3K. That son of a bitch.

Although my musical tastes usually, but not always, involve slightly more guitar solos and headbanging, I always love the end-of-year mixtape.

Fuck yeah Courtney Barnett! My favorite album of the year, and it's so good that the song Jason picked is like my 6th favorite on it. (If anyone is wondering, my favorite is "Elevator Operator".) Also, I don't listen to a lot of new music, but this is the second straight year that someone picked a song from my favorite album of the year, so I guess I'm doing something right.

Overall, a really fun episode as usual, even setting the music aside. My favorite exchange:

"Great radio."

"You can edit this out."

"We won't."

"I know."

Is there a track listing for this ep? I bought the Car Seat Headrest album, but I want to delve deeper into the others before I pull the trigger.

The musictape ep cries out for a summer edition (or should I say Summah?).

Sign in to follow this