🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 126 - The Star Wars Holiday Special

Also, I mentioned this at the end of the minisode thread, so it might have gotten lost, but I want to know: was I the only one that was kind of creeped out by this line from Luke?

WXXIBhS.gif

It's not so much that it creeped me out, but I was struck by how much of a condescending little prick he is. Look man, her husband and ne'er-do-well buddy are missing and you're giving her the whole "give us smile" thing? He then tells her to just "enjoy her Life Day" before signing off with the assurance that he may have solved the issue he's been having with his X-Wing's engine. Oh, really? That's just great. I'm sure she couldn't be happier to hear that her husband's work acquaintance managed to get his ride sorted out. That should really ease the worry of her husband's disappearance and probable death. Thanks, asshole!

(This post was brought to you in part by Woolite. Clothes that deserve a second look deserve Woolite.)

• Like 11

In the cooking segment, Mala "cooked" the raw meat in a bucket by stirring, whipping, and beating. But was it me or was there no fire to cook the raw meat? I guess it makes sense to NOT have a fire inside a tree, as this could be a fire hazard, but then why do you need to stir/whip/beat a piece of raw meat? Just make some steak tartare and be done with it.

Also, Lumpy is seen taking out the garbage. Who is collecting the garbage and how? Don't they live very high up in trees?

• Like 4

In the cooking segment, Mala "cooked" the raw meat in a bucket by stirring, whipping, and beating. But was it me or was there no fire to cook the raw meat? I guess it makes sense to NOT have a fire inside a tree, as this could be a fire hazard, but then why do you need to stir/whip/beat a piece of raw meat? Just make some steak tartare and be done with it.

Also, Lumpy is seen taking out the garbage. Who is collecting the garbage and how? Don't they live very high up in trees?

There are definitely some steps missing. It reminds me of those "how to draw..." books, where it goes from a stick figure layout to a bunch of shapes to the most detailed, finished picture of Ghost Rider that you've ever seen in about half a page.

• Like 3

I'm actually going to listen to this since I've seen this atrocity

Ummm...are you saying Bo and Luke in the Millennium Falcon wouldn't have been amazing?

My first thought was not that they'd bring in the Duke boys, with Chewie and Han, that'd be waaaay too much macheezmo; but instead, CBS would cross-promote by putting Roscoe and Enos as imperial commanders.

• Like 1

Edit: I hadn't gotten to the end of the ep before making my comment about Tim And Eric, but was eager to jump into the discussion so I will add a correction instead.

At the start of the robot Harvey Korman skit the announcer says "It offers a unique chance for consumers everywhere a chance to meet an Amorphian being. The motor abilities of Amorphian citizens are frequently impaired by malfunctions which result in a temporary loss of power. This in no way reflects on the safety of our product. Rather it sould serve as a guarantee of our high standard of long wear and durability."

• Like 1

Okay everyone has been talking about the cooking segment but no one has mentioned how Harvey Korman was in black face! I mean yes this was a product of it's time and that was something that the media still hadn't realized was not okay but it definitely shouldn't be passed over today like that was nothing. That was sooooo not nothing and really shocked me when he appeared on screen. They talked about how most of these segments had zero jokes in them but I honestly think the entire joke for that segment was that he was dressed as a black woman. :/

• Like 3

To be fair though, she had 4 arms so it was at least alienface too

• Like 2

What the fuck is up with the scene near the beginning where Lumpy goes outside to the deck and looks down at the hundred plus foot drop and then proceeds to jump on and walk the railing (that later breaks and kills a storm trooper)? Talk about some shitty parenting.

• Like 3

as much as I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, how dare they make a starwars podcast with out June Diane Raphael.

and we all know why she's not in it.

just as i suspected, she's a Trekkie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doknyp.jpg

• Like 8

I also thought it was confusing how Wookies were sexual attracted to humans and vice versa. Itchy definately had jungle fever. Mala totaly had the hots for Han and the trader Art Carney played wants to get down and fury with Mala.

Also, though very few people understand Wookie all Wookies understand english. You would think with all the tv channels and webcam access on the Wookie planet there would be at least 1 Wookiee channel - sorry no. All TV programming is in english including critical planetary security alerts and curfew information.

• Like 1

During the "Lovelorn in the Cantina" segment, was anyone else struck by just how extravagant the gift of flowers must be on Tatooine? To even have one flower to give to Bea Arthur, it must have cost Corman a fortune! Either that, or he would have had to sacrifice his own ration of water for God knows how long to get it to grow on that shit hole of a planet.

I'm just saying, even though Bea Arthur was under no obligation to reciprocate his feelings, she could have shown a little more gratitude.

And next time, Corman should just go with FTD.

6ec38a77e4bda93a713e74ac2c4fd021.gif

• Like 5

At the end of the episode Paul said that he wanted to introduce his daughter to this first. I watched the bulk of this while watching my 3 month old son, which makes it his very first exposure to the Star Wars universe.

• Like 5

My wife, who is a novice listener at best, said after watching this (ahem) program: "If there was a How Did This Get Made? award, this should be the winner". I thought that was an apt comment.

• Like 3

During the "Lovelorn in the Cantina" segment, was anyone else struck by just how extravagant the gift of flowers must be on Tatooine? To even have one flower to give to Bea Arthur, it must have cost Corman a fortune! Either that, or he would have had to sacrifice his own ration of water for God knows how long to get it to grow on that shit hole of a planet.

I'm just saying, even though Bea Arthur was under no obligation to reciprocate his feelings, she could have shown a little more gratitude.

But she did show gratitude! She was very thankful and said that no one had brought her anything before! And we don't know what really happened after that scene ended, cause he was definitely still there.

Clearly it didn't matter how much gratitude she showed that dude was gonna hide under the bar for her like a total creep anyway lol.

• Like 2

Watch this so you can see, no matter how terrible the prequels were, it was possible to be so much worse.

But she did show gratitude! She was very thankful and said that no one had brought her anything before! And we don't know what really happened after that scene ended, cause he was definitely still there. Clearly it didn't matter how much gratitude she showed that dude was gonna hide under the bar for her like a total creep anyway lol.

Yeah, but it takes awhile for her to get there. He's got his charm blasting at eleven, and she just does not have the time of day for him. Let's face it, he's a catch. He's the romantic equivalent of a candy bar with a rich caramel center, lots of fresh roasted peanuts, and a super chocolaty covering. I mean, if he were a candy bar, I'd say he was a candy hit...

c5df6d5f8adc18e5d8eb7ff705d8601d.gif

But seriously, I have to admit that I gasped in horror when he stepped behind the bar and grabbed her from behind. And then when he was still in the bar...but she had already sent the bouncers home!!!! Yikes!

• Like 4

So is no one going to talk about Harvey Korman being in blackface basically doing a mix of Aunt Jemima and Julia Child?

• Like 1

I love this. and it answers my question that Christian Slater can not say no to anyone even a toy company at a early age all of the signs there.

Even if he is a

• Like 2

Those figures of Chewie's family are incredible, both in their mere existence and in that none of the others actually look (even superficially) like the characters.

I hate this. I hate everyone involved in this. This sent me back in time to make my six-year-old self hate Star Wars!

What the serious FUCK? Why did I watch it all the way thru? Why was Harvey Korman... why Bea Arthur... WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?

• Like 1