🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 126 - The Star Wars Holiday Special

I tried so hard to find a kittens-playing-with-BB-8 GIF to compete with the baby chicks, but they were all insufficiently cute. Fuck it, I lose.

Wm80hH.gif

giphy.gif

This one is severely cute and I refuse to believe otherwise.

(honestly I went with cute to counteract the funny because I do not believe that there is a funnier star wars gif than what you posted holy hell)

• Like 6

I considered this one, but every tool I tried to use to remove the latter half choked on the file size. Thanks, Internet!

giphy.gif

• Like 4

I tried so hard to find a kittens-playing-with-BB-8 GIF to compete with the baby chicks, but they were all insufficiently cute. Fuck it, I lose.

Wm80hH.gif

if only the rebel alliance could of just built stairways in time they could of spared us ewoks in jedi.

i could so hear the words being said by that stromtrooper "OHH SHIT STAIRS!"

34q1po8.jpg

you guys do know that old Obi-Wan was a lying bastard when he told luke that this was his fathers lightsaber and that he wanted him to have it.

• Like 2

Wm80hH.gif

NEVER CONCEDE DEFEAT! THAT'S HOW SHE GETS HER POWER!

• Like 3

Getting back to get a life day.

so Shaquille O'Neal shows up as Chewbacca and life day is saved...

291e1c9.jpg

Boy does that not look like him or what? looking of GIF's on google and found this.

almost had to go out and buy a new keyboard when I saw that one.

• Like 1

Getting back to get a life day.

so Shaquille O'Neal shows up as Chewbacca and life day is saved...

291e1c9.jpg

Boy does that not look like him or what? looking of GIF's on google and found this.

almost had to go out and buy a new keyboard when I saw that one.

Chewbacca is a MUCH more intelligible rapper, I'm sure. He also knows what a HAMMER does.

• Like 2

Wm80hH.gif

Wow those stairs fucked him up.

As far as what is cannon anymore, most of the books were considered cannon by Lucas, as were the games which offered more of the Empire side of the story. Yet now that there are hundreds of books, the mythology has gotten more complicated than Mortal Kombat's, which is why this movie is meant to wipe a lot of that stuff away.

Also, I need to get me one of those BB-8's if only to terrify my cats.

• Like 1

Are any of the official canon books any good? I might be willing to give one of those a shot.

Everything for Shadows of the Empire were pretty good, from the comics to the awesome N64 game that came out. With a series of books totaling over 100, you're going to have hits and misses. You can completely skip any of the kids series because they are aimed at entertaining young readers rather than legitimately connecting to the source material.

Could someone familiar with the Expanded Universe point me in the direction of a really good Jedi story (any format) that has nothing to do with the Skywalker family or the Death Star(s)?

Hi, I created an account here because I wanted to mention how much I didn't enjoy Eden Sher's presence on the podcast. Please no more.

Hi, I created an account here because I wanted to mention how much I didn't enjoy Eden Sher's presence on the podcast.

That was time well spent.

• Like 6

Gourley is the best. "I think you guys are giving it too much Thought. I think it was seriously 'we have this cartoon to market this action figure. Find a way to fit it in and just know that I'm not going to check up on this so do whatever you want. My name is George Lucas'"

I do this exact thing to my wife all the time: "I like to throw a huge fit when my husband wants me to bring up the trash cans from the curb. i'm the worst. My name is Mrs. Rafterian."