🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Best of 2015 Pt. 3

George Lucas' apartment circa 1975:

GL - "Hey, I need a name for a weird type of future jazz from another galaxy in the past."

GL's Jock Roommate - (dismissive) "How about jizz?"

GL - "Haha that's perfect! Thanks Brad, I've got to go fill my universe with jizz now."

GL's Jock Roommate - (dismissive) "Idiot."

Its always a Brad...

• Like 1

The funniest part of this episode was was the part at the end where PFT said "Be My Guest, Literally" was probably his favorite ep of the year.

In the middle of all his crazy-ass ramblings, the dude ranting against Michael Abelson on the voting page kept saying how you could tell Paul was having a terrible time.

Anyway, all four of these were solid eps. I think ApathyMonger is right about the top 3, except I think Is Y'all My Daddy? or the Womptacular might beat out Kid Detectives. Unless I'm an idiot and one of those was already in the list but I forgot because I listened to the first two parts on Christmas Day while I was drinking to drown out my family.

• Like 4

I'm really glad the American Football episode got a moment in the Best Ofs. It was one of my favorites from last year, and also a really great musical episode.

• Like 1

Michael Ableton was right. Do not talk during the Would You Rather theme.

It's during the intro theme, which they had also pointed out earlier in the ep. No one's ever said anything about the theme when it plays at the end. Paul's "SHOWING OFF FOR COMPANY" cracks me up every time.

• Like 1

Anyway, all four of these were solid eps. I think ApathyMonger is right about the top 3, except I think Is Y'all My Daddy? or the Womptacular might beat out Kid Detectives. Unless I'm an idiot and one of those was already in the list but I forgot because I listened to the first two parts on Christmas Day while I was drinking to drown out my family.

In this part, Scott said that Middleditch would be on again, so it must be Kid Detectives, which also surprised me. Also, Is Y'all My Daddy was mentioned by Scott as an honorable mention.

• Like 1

In this part, Scott said that Middleditch would be on again, so it must be Kid Detectives, which also surprised me. Also, Is Y'all My Daddy was mentioned by Scott as an honorable mention.

Yeah, I remembered the thing about Is Y'all My Daddy right after I posted. He said in the first Best Of that it had just barely missed the countdown.

Oh well. I personally didn't find Kid Detectives to be all that funny, but if plenty of others did...well, I guess that's why we vote :)

So far, we've got:

14. Too Much Tuna Tour

13. Bang! Bang! Into Your Mouth!

12. CBB: The Movie

11. The Wedding of Gilli and Garry

10. Bongo vs. Bongos

9. Solo Bolo: Dos Lo

8. Good Night In The Morning

7. Mailer Daemon

6. The 6th Anniversy Show!

5. A Silicon Valley P-Cast

4. Be My Guest, Literally!

My predictions for the top three are:

3. The Dream Team (or maybe Pie Quiz with Tears for Fears) EDIT: based on what Kickpuncher said above, it's probably Kid Detectives

2. Heynong Man

1. NOT Farts and Procreation 4

So far this top 14 has been full of episodes I voted for! The only ones I didn't vote for were the Ben Schwartz episodes and Bongo vs. Bongos, even though they were great there was just too much to choose from. I'm bummed we won't be hearing from Victor and Tiny, I thought both Athlete's Head and Vocal Fry were hilarious. I hope they get a b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s, and I hope Admonian's Zizek from The Dream Team gets a bonus clip too, it was incredible.

EDIT AGAIN: I just re-listened to The Dream Team from the moment that Corny Grandpa and Zizek come on and it was hilarious that after Would You Rather, Scott actually mentions the Best Ofs in a sarcastic way. I really hope this episode doesn't get ignored, even if it's a bonus, or we can add Adomian to the list of Snubs & Flubs for 2015. I hope he's on more in the new year!

• Like 1

I had a lot of smiles and chuckles listening to this, but completely lost it in tears when Santa walked into the room and said "Oh, look at this candy-ass motherfucker"

• Like 2

Kid detectives was good because thomas and lauren kept the energy/laughs pretty consistent the whole time. Nothing so funny I had to pause it, but plenty of good stuff without slowing down. Which can be hard when it's all characters and scott has no straight person to pause the action with.

I'm hoping for Vocal Fry because I love how much Scott and the guests hate Willy Mapleton, and his classic, nails-on-a-chalkboard "that's not a very good song".

• Like 1

Really missing the Bobcat Goldthwait ep, one of my favourites of the year. But still pretty expected it wouldn't be on

• Like 5

Really missing the Bobcat Goldthwait ep, one of my favourites of the year. But still pretty expected it wouldn't be on

I didn't vote for Cafeteriapalooza, but I re-listened to that one yesterday and now I wish I had. Goldthwait's always a great interview and Wengert and Hines' characters were both the perfect balance of weird and hilarious. I laughed harder at that episode than #14-9 on the Best Of list.

• Like 1

So, I'm guessing the Top 3 are NOT Farts and Procreation 4, Heynong Man, and probably Kid Detectives? No idea on which gets the top spot though.

NOT Farts and Procreation 4?

Four?

Four Washington Lane! The next clue is in the White House!

I didn't think Kid Detectives would rank so high (assuming it does), but in retrospect I'd have every Lauren Lapkus ep in the top 14.

• Like 2

I don't know who the ding dongs were that thought Brad the man's man was supposed to be Launchpad were but they are totally wrong. He was Scrooge from the get go. Scrooge is their (grand) uncle and Launchpad isn't even related to them. When Wengert comes in the first thing he mentions are cousins and nephews so, yeah, it was Scrooge all along.

• Like 2

I didn't expect Kid Detectives to rank so highly

I remember enjoying it and I did vote for it. It seems to have taken on a life of its own though online as many threads feature scavenger hunt/national treasure type comments.

Let's mention our least favourite episodes of the year.

For me it's the Tom Green disaster of an ep, Nick Swardson ep, Natasha Leggero ep, Tig and Stephanie ep, MIB ep, Hot Wives ep, Eric Stonestreet ep and the David Cross and Mike O'Brien half ep.

Could also say the Pardo and Brittain ep but that's a 'so bad it's good' kind of ep for me

• Like 1