🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Best of 2015 Pt. 3

Completely forgot about this but Horatio was on so often earlier in the year

I won't disagree with that list of least favorites, but the Tig and Stephanie episode was fine to me, they just talked about more serious stuff for quite a while.

I'm not going to make a lot of friends with my list of least favorite episodes:

Nick Kroll x 4 episodes

CBB: The Movie (Sean Clements, Hayes Davenport, Ben Rodgers & Hayley Huntley)

Snow Dome (Jimmy Pardo, Paul Brittain)

Could also say the Pardo and Brittain ep but that's a 'so bad it's good' kind of ep for me

err... so bad it's actually bad, because of how bad it is?

• Like 1

I think the prediction that "Kid Detectives" "Not F&P 4" and "Heynong Man" will be the top three is likely, probably in that order. Good choices, though "KD" and "F&P" didn't make my personal Top Ten (Top 20 absolutely). The only one that I think is being tragically overlooked is "Romantic Tommy D."

• Like 2

Let's mention our least favourite episodes of the year.

For me it's the Tom Green disaster of an ep, Nick Swardson ep, Natasha Leggero ep, Tig and Stephanie ep, MIB ep, Hot Wives ep, Eric Stonestreet ep and the David Cross and Mike O'Brien half ep.

The Tig and Stephanie was one of my favorites, but I wouldn't consider it a "Best Of," if that makes any sense. I love both Tig and Stephanie separately, so hearing them together was wonderful. It's definitely not a hilarious episode, but I enjoyed every second of it. They're adorable together, and I teared up a few times when they were telling their history.

• Like 2

Yeah the Tig and Stephanie episode was fine, but I'm just not a fan of Tig and Mookie wasn't really doing the job either.

Since Scott acknowledges how bad Brittain's character work is and him just going for a sort of anti-character I can appreciate a bit more, if that makes sense

And wow that CBB The Movie is one of your least favourite

Not liking Nick Kroll I can sort of understand though

The Tig and Stephanie was one of my favorites, but I wouldn't consider it a "Best Of," if that makes any sense. I love both Tig and Stephanie separately, so hearing them together was wonderful. It's definitely not a hilarious episode, but I enjoyed every second of it. They're adorable together, and I teared up a few times when they were telling their history.

I get you

Also the Reggie Watts episode I honestly don't remember a single part of, I remember it being disappointing but since Campbell was on it couldn't have been that bad

Let's mention our least favourite episodes of the year.

For me it's the Tom Green disaster of an ep, Nick Swardson ep, Natasha Leggero ep, Tig and Stephanie ep, MIB ep, Hot Wives ep, Eric Stonestreet ep and the David Cross and Mike O'Brien half ep.

The TIG ep was hilarious. Scott was at peak hot saucerman. "I'll say you have a box!"

Also the Reggie Watts episode I honestly don't remember a single part of, I remember it being disappointing but since Campbell was on it couldn't have been that bad

Reggie is always a milquetoast guest, unfortunately.

My least favorite are:

1-3. Adomian eps (not counting the holiday ep)

4. That is Wild

5. The Hotwives of Las Vegas

Adomian just doesn't do it for me. I this he does great impressions, but they generally just don't have anything funny to say. Yes, we get it; Bernie Sanders talks about statistics and Tom Leykis is gross. You don't need to tell the same joke for an hour to make that point.

The Tom Green one just made me uncomfortable to listen to.

And The Hotwives one just wasn't my cup of tea. But I don't think I'm their target audience, either.

There might have been worse ones, but by, like, June or July, I had started just listening to the ones with guests I knew I'd enjoy. There was a pretty big string of mehpisodes throughout the summer.

Edit: Also, I thought about including CBB: The Movie in mine because I didn't remember it too fondly, but the Best Of clip they used was actually pretty funny. I just still can't get totally on board with Sean and Hayes, even if their vibe is immediate.

• Like 1

Least Faves:

That Is Wild

Banging On The Table With Stars

They were the only ones that I didn't like out of the ones that I heard this year. I imagine the Hotwives episode would have made it onto my list had I heard it, but I preferred not to after hearing the first one.

I tend to only listen to episodes with guests I'm a big fan of (like Claudia O'Doherty and Wild Horses), but whoever recorded these two eps really captured the uncomfortable mood in the room, so props to Engineer Cody-Cody/Brett/Sam

I love Adomian, think he's one of the most talented performers out there, maybe not funniest though yeah

The TIG ep was hilarious. Scott was at peak hot saucerman. "I'll say you have a box!"

Yeah but Scott's funny every episode

If we're talking snubs and flubs Tick Tock Clawk with Time Keeper and Paul Rust's old yes-yes's was one of my faves. Since they both work at repair shops based in Florida I desperately want to hear Time Keeper cross paths with JW Stillwater in 2016.

Also I noticed a pattern with Paul Brittain and Claudia O'Doherty's appearances, where they both had amazing eps in 2014 (Tony Macaroni/The Calvins Twins), snubbed eps in 2015 (Romantic Tommy D/Shifting Bouncy) as well as very disappointing/awkward eps (Snow Dome/Banging the Table). Just my take, no need to dwell on the negative but those stuck out in an otherwise C+ year.

If Willy Mapleton isn't on this list, I'm going to lose my fucking mind. Funniest episode of the year imo

(and yes, I hope Tig is also on the list too. Another great ep)

• Like 2

Respectfully, I don't want to dwell on episodes I didn't like. It seems unproductive and it seems to, at least somewhat, annoy Scott and the other people who gave us a lot of free entertainment this year.

I went REALLY nerdy this year and kept a file where I gave letter grades to every episode. The goal was to make sure I didn't just wind up voting for episodes with my reliable favorites -- PFT, Lauren, Jessica and Lennon, Andy Daly, Zouks, etc. If course, in the end, most of the highest-rated episodes tended to have those guys on them, anyway ... What can I say? Paul, Lauren, and Jason in particular had a fantastic year.

I forgot about Tick Tock Clawk. That was my other favorite from this year that seems unlikely to chart. There was a really incredible run of episodes from 374-378 (Tick Tock, Womptacular, Romantic Tommy D, Good Night in the Morning, and Mailer Daemon).

• Like 4

This chocolate pudding is delicious. Let's all discuss times we had diarrhea.

That's what this joyous thread has turned into? For shame.

• Like 6

Well.... in discussing our least favorite episodes, we see that there's hardly a consensus of opinion forming. So that tells you something. Also, it sparked some interestinig conversation about Tig's episode.

Plus, "least favorite" doesn't mean hated. After nearly Four Hundo, I can't think of more than about 2 that I genuinely hated.

I think it would be poor form to go sh*t-post on a given episode's thread the second the episode comes out.

But a post or two once a year seems fair: fans discuss.

• Like 1

I would like to give an honorable mention to Bits, Riff and Friendships. One of the my top tens of all time, listened to it 3 times which is rare.

A shame that Tim Heidecker and Brett Gelmans' brand of anti-comedy is still so divisive since some of us would love to hear a lot more it.

• Like 2

I forgot about Tick Tock Clawk. That was my other favorite from this year that seems unlikely to chart. There was a really incredible run of episodes from 374-378 (Tick Tock, Womptacular, Romantic Tommy D, Good Night in the Morning, and Mailer Daemon).

Unfortunately I made a rookie mistake and didn't realise I could cast multiple votes, so my single solitary click went to Tick Tock Clawk. I was on a flight from Dublin to Glasgow when that ep came out and I swear I feared at one point I might be ejected from the aircraft. It looks like it may not make the best of at all, though, considering that we are rapidly running out of.....time...

I don't know who the ding dongs were that thought Brad the man's man was supposed to be Launchpad were but they are totally wrong. He was Scrooge from the get go. Scrooge is their (grand) uncle and Launchpad isn't even related to them. When Wengert comes in the first thing he mentions are cousins and nephews so, yeah, it was Scrooge all along.

Yeah, just listened to that part again. I guess the voice Wengert was doing sounded a little like the Launchpad voice (which, according to the Disney Wiki was based on Cliff Clavin from Cheers) and I suppose Launchpad does better fit the "man's man" character. But, yeah, he says he's taking care of his cousin Don's kids from the beginning. (I think Donald was also a nephew, not a cousin, since he always called Scrooge "Uncle Scrooge" too, but there's a remote chance that Joe Wengert isn't as much of an obsessive dork as I am)