🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Best of 2015 Pt. 3

Well.... in discussing our least favorite episodes, we see that there's hardly a consensus of opinion forming. So that tells you something. Also, it sparked some interestinig conversation about Tig's episode.

Plus, "least favorite" doesn't mean hated. After nearly Four Hundo, I can't think of more than about 2 that I genuinely hated.

I think it would be poor form to go sh*t-post on a given episode's thread the second the episode comes out.

But a post or two once a year seems fair: fans discuss.

Which 2

I don't remember.

It was because of characters that weren't working for me, and I knew they'd be there the whole episode.

And the Dane Cook episode I didn't even start listening to, so I'll never know.

But I think 99% of episodes are good or better, so that's alright by me.

In this part, Scott said that Middleditch would be on again, so it must be Kid Detectives, which also surprised me. Also, Is Y'all My Daddy was mentioned by Scott as an honorable mention.

Could be a bonus clip of the call to China! I still have hope.

Edit: I was wrong! It was Kid Detectives! Hope is dead!

Reggie is always a milquetoast guest, unfortunately.

Whoa whoa whoa, hold on a second. You're telling me it's milquetoast and not milk-toast? This is my biggest life lesson of 2015.

• Like 1

I never noticed before that Joe Wingert's Scrooge McDuck is referencing the video game, not the cartoon, before. The snow beast thing just sounds like a "any episode" plot - I paid it no mind. But for some reason, this time, I'm like, "Wait... wasn't that a boss in the game?". There was definitely a snow level I remembered! When he's like "I believe we were looking for a crown, or maybe I lost one of my treasure maps", i immediately thought for sure, he was talking about the NES game.

A quick Bing later (because when you're listening to these Best Of's one-after-the-other, you definitely hear Scott and PFT mention it at some point. Don't judge!):

2uq2jk3.jpg

He may have been hazy on the details, but damn, that's pretty good memory to call that up successfully, off-the-cuff! I can't believe I never noticed before!

--

I love these Best Of's. Really makes me want to just re-listen to a bunch. I better sign up for Howl soon.

• Like 4

Also, can Scott or PFT PLEASE do George Lucas as a character in 2016!?! That brief impression at the beginning of this had me in stitches! Their weird, mumbly,quiet (and easily entertained) nerd voice was freakin' hilarious!

• Like 1

I never noticed before that Joe Wingert's Scrooge McDuck is referencing the video game, not the cartoon, before. The snow beast thing just sounds like a "any episode" plot - I paid it no mind. But for some reason, this time, I'm like, "Wait... wasn't that a boss in the game?". There was definitely a snow level I remembered! When he's like "I believe we were looking for a crown, or maybe I lost one of my treasure maps", i immediately thought for sure, he was talking about the NES game.

A quick Bing later (because when you're listening to these Best Of's one-after-the-other, you definitely hear Scott and PFT mention it at some point. Don't judge!):

2uq2jk3.jpg

He may have been hazy on the details, but damn, that's pretty good memory to call that up successfully, off-the-cuff! I can't believe I never noticed before!

--

I love these Best Of's. Really makes me want to just re-listen to a bunch. I better sign up for Howl soon.

It was also an episode of DuckTales:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1033804/

Either way, it's still a really good pull.

I understand why Scott doesn't do b-b-b-b-b-bonus clips anymore (makes the episodes too long, would have to cut other clips, we didn't vote for those) but goodness Never the Twains Shall Meet and Romantic Tommy-D (from the titular episode) were 2 of my favorite moments of the year.

• Like 1

Yessss. I was waiting for them to include it and was so bummed when they didn't. One of my favorite CBB moments of the year. Scott's apprehension toward the bit really makes it even better.

Yeah, that was a shame b/c I think this was the bit that made me laugh the most this year. I esp. loved how uncomfortable Scott was with it and how Middledich just plowed ahead anyway (with Martin Starr goading him).

I'm guessing that it falls under "this is not that kind of show" for Scott ...

• Like 1

If we're talking snubs and flubs Tick Tock Clawk with Time Keeper and Paul Rust's old yes-yes's was one of my faves. Since they both work at repair shops based in Florida I desperately want to hear Time Keeper cross paths with JW Stillwater in 2016.

Called it y'all

• Like 2